Never Had A Spider Do This Before....

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Hi Please Can Somone Help me ASAP My little Juvi H.incei Is Just Splayed Out On The Floor... Iv Put Him Into A Vial With Damp Tissue Like I Do With All My ICU Cases But Splayed Out??? Not Death Curl??? Any Ideas? Thanks :(

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
When mine has legs splayed out/abdomen flat to ground, I figure the T is just comfortable and chilling out. Rosie often does this on top of her hide, like she is just draped over it. I figure that pose means she is feeling safe and secure.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got my first tarantula when I was 2. It was a 9 inch OBT!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Issehalsey

Arachnopeon
Let your tarantula be a tarantula. If you've had tarantulas for 10 years than you know to look for legs curling under, not being all spread eagle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it possible it might be ready to molt? For one reason or another they sometimes don't molt on their backs.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
I see my terrestrials stretch themselves out like you have described many times, OP. It's just a spider being a spider.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't get why something so minor would confuse a keeper who has supposedly been keeping tarantulas for 10 years. It's just a tarantula being a tarantula.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
I Was Just Worried Because She Is A Living Creature (Not Like You Care Mr.Bobgrill) And I Was Concerned About My Beloved Spiders.

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
Spiders do weird things. I had a rose hair a few years ago that played dead. He would flip onto his back and wait for the cricket to get close to him and then flip and pounce it.. Never quite understood that one. I named him possum and then he became a MM.. We know the rest.

cold blood

Staff member
Mmk, But The Point I Am Trying To Make is That I Was Just wondering What She was Doing.
Homie, that's a classic feeding posture, all t's do it. It means "feed me" unless it just molted and hasn't hardened yet, then its just stretching out.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Homie, that's a classic feeding posture, all t's do it. It means "feed me" unless it just molted and hasn't hardened yet, then its just stretching out.
He's been keeping tarantulas for 10 years he knows what he's doing [emoji14]