Splitting a terrarium questions

thecobaltblues

Arachnopeon
I have a standard 20 gallon long terrarium (30"x12"x12") and wanted to split it in half with some plexi glass and silicone for my B. Boehmei and my rosehair. I was
wondering if it would still be a suitable sized environment if I split it into 3 sections instead of 2. I don't have anything in mind right now for the third section but it would
be nice to have the space down the road for something new. Would three sections of 10"x12"x12" be suitable for my two spiders now or is that too small for them?
Thanks in advanced for any help!

---------- Post added 08-31-2015 at 03:14 PM ----------

Well after reading about other people trying this and the t's getting into the other sections I've decided to abandon this idea haha. NEVERMIND

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Research wins again!

I was going to suggest looking through older posts of the same topic, but you beat me to it! Also, 12" would need a good amount of substrate for padding. Maybe get one massive terrestrial tarantula to rule all that space? :D Or maybe flip it up and put a massive arboreal in there?

Unused aquariums have so much potential!

thecobaltblues

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately I had this idea because I need to make room (Setting up a frog paludarium :D) and thought this would be a good way to save space instead of their two
separate tanks. Otherwise I'd love setting up the 20 for some huge t. Oh well.

cold blood

Staff member
Divided enclosure are like dangerous drugs....JUST SAY NO

They work best in theory and less so in real world situations.