Got Me A New Addition!

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Hai Everyone. Thought Id let everyone know my new hype ;3 I just ordered me a new OBT (P.murinus) AF!! At A Great price :DDD £25 Which I Think Is A Bargain For A Captive Bred AF :3 :DD So Excited To Breed Her With My Male :)

-Chainsaw Reptiles ~Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Great T and great price. Btw The word "chainsaw" on your username involve "The Texas chainsaw massacre" crap if i can ask? :)

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Infact. I May Have Got Bit By A Stirmi But This Hobby is so Addictive o.o

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 03:52 AM ----------

And No Chris... No It Is Not... Infact I Barely Know Crap About "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Infact. I May Have Got Bit By A Stirmi But This Hobby is so Addictive o.o

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 03:52 AM ----------

And No Chris... No It Is Not... Infact I Barely Know Crap About "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
You've still got to know your limits. There's no need to rush into more defensive/potent species, that's how accidents happen. Remember what you do affects the rest of us.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Before you think I'm siding with Bob I'm not I really don't care about petty arguments between 2 members. But you do realise Bob is right about knowing your limits and yes I know you've hed tarantulas for around 10 years but at 5 years old I doubt you were very hands on so it's more like you've been around tarantulas for 10years because I don't think your parents where crazy enough to let you deal with any tarantula on your own that young. As for the tarantula all I can say is great price as I'm not really a fan of baboons just a few off them good luck with any breeding attempt

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Hi Chainsaw Reptiles.

Guessing your new(ish) to the brilliant hobby of T's?

anyway i agree with BobGrill that there's no need to jump in the deep end and go for OW, believe me i started with OW T's and it wasn't a walk in the park took months of research after getting them, BUT i won't rain on your parade as I'm sure you do research etc and always put the well-being of your T's first?

Have fun looking after your OBT they can be a nasty bunch & brilliant to own.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I also was young 7-8 yo, started with true spiders from the grate outdoors lol, went to my friends dads pet shop and learned a lot more on T's etc, then bought my first OW Indian ornamental and OBT then loads more OW/NW over the years, had many big/small connections since.

now I'm 28 almost 29 in Nov, doesn't feel like 20 year's lol.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im 15 And I Started Keeping T's When I Turned 5. My Dad Was Into Spiders Too :)
This isn't directed at just you in particular Tom, but to anyone who claims they've been keeping tarantulas since they've been 5 years old. I don't buy it. A 5 year old child is still tasked with the difficulties of learning to take care of him/herself, let alone literally care for a tarantula. At that age, a child is usually just starting to learn how to tie their own shoes, and some don't learn this until a later age. They can't even bathe themselves properly yet without assistance, and they can rarely write or read any words aside from perhaps their own name if taught early enough. Sure, someone may have a parent that kept tarantulas, but they kept/cared for them...not a child that young. That said, any tarantula-keeping parent has no business even allowing such a young child to literally interact with said animals, aside from watching them through the sides of secured enclosures while attended by an adult. Wild animals + young children can equal disaster, for all parties involved.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I was quite young getting in to spiders ie (outdoor ones)lol, although i did learn a good amount from my m8s dad who at the time had a pet shop when young but i wasn't allowed to hold or take home etc, just cleaned the setups and feed them.

Think I must have been 15 yo when I was aloud to own one/loads lol, so guess 20 yr in the spider hobby but only 13-14 yr of owning T's.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
I'm hoping you're not planning on handling it?
Beautiful T, you should post a pic :)

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I just hope your parents are aware of the potential dangers with some of these critters. I began working with spiders when I was 10... but I started out with B smithis and roseas, and that was all I had until I was out of my house and on my own. And that was after I'd quit handling, too.

My stepkids are only a little younger than you, and if they wanted to bring a pet into this house, you best believe I would be carefully researching what it was. If it's hot? Forget it. If it's aggressive? LOLNOPE. If its care is too difficult (I'm looking at you, veiled chameleons)? No way.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Infact Both My parents Are Dead... And I Live With My 28 Year Old brother... And Yes "I" And My Bro Know The Dangers Its Not My First OBT I have 3 Juvi's One MM And A AF Wild Caught Female OBT's. And I Will Be Posting A Pick Of Her :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wild caught? You're quite worldly, having lived in Africa and the UK in only 15 years.

Responsible or not, I do hope that you are more careful with the P. murinus than you were with the T. stirmi. OBT's are much faster, much more aggressive, and much more difficult to care for. You got your hand close enough to your stirmi for it to bite you - don't make the same mistake with the OBT. With that being said, congrats on the new T! Not one of my favorite species, but definitely an interesting one.

Regardless, all forums have their trolls, it's best to not feed them.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
OBT's can be "badass" although i don't usually see mine till late at night or early morning.

most of the time she's pretty calm.