Getting Back Into Trapdoors

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Hey Guys SO I Dont Normaly Post Here But Im Getting Back Into Trap Door Spiders... And Im Struck Between A Few Diffrent Species Anyone Want To Imput Any Ideas?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Probably would help if you told us the few species you're interested in first before getting input on said specific species. Care will likely be similar between the species, which is convenient.

Also, I hope you don't get bitten by any of your new trap doors when you get them. Lower chances than with your T. stirmi, but still...I don't think a lot is known about trap door venom, but it's still best to play it safe since it's suspected to be on the higher side.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Any Really But The Ones I Can Get The Most Are

Red Trapdoors

Brown Trapdoors

Silver Trapdoors

Black Trapdoors

So MANY CHOICESSS

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I've had a couple over the last year and still got one of them.

Cetenolophus/Gorgyrella red trapdoor, my other was the silver trapdoor (forgot scientific name) but also good. both are cheap.

I have to warn you that you will almost never see it unless it's out late at night or early morning, of course you may see it catch its food, that's amazing to watch.

Edit, I've got pics in my gallery if you want a look.

Last edited:

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Ill buy 2 of each or I can get 10 Of mxied species of my choice for £85 :0
Couldn't tell you if you can get a mix for £85.

I did get mine for £12 red and £14 silver, suppose if you look around people selling them you prob get a good deal on a mix.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yup, just like Arachnomaniac said. Enjoy whatever you end up choosing! Sounds like you've got a good diversity over there, so I'm sure you'll get what you're after!

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Not all should be kept dry. Species like Cyclocosmia sp. live on steam banks and will dry out and wither. Look up what genera/species, where they are from, and make your substrate decision based on that. Some of these guys need a real clay like substrate to do their thing, some more loose and dry.

Contrary to what the trade says, they prefer a little more than a tall jar with peat moss... a little research and you'll have a much more natural acting and exciting trappy. Good luck brotha and enjoy yoself