Choosing my new centipede

Pocco

Arachnopeon
I am going to get myself a centipede, but I don't know which kind. I am considering something like the ethmostigmus trigonopodu (yellow leg), alipes spp or a dehaani but i have not decided yet. I living in Norway, and are going to import from BugzUk. And i wonder if you would recomend any of the species they curtently have in stock?
I would like it to be big and active :)

http://www.bugzuk.com/insects/centipedes/

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Dehaani pinches hurt badddddd, can even put you in the hospital. I'd say Ethmostigmus or Madagascarensis are your best bet, both rather docile (for a centipede haha) and the pinches are mild so you don't have to worry about nips if you want to handle them. They are also really active centipedes but so are Dehnni. The biggest is dehaani but I wouldn't recommend it as a starter due to its aggressive nature and venom strength.

Pocco

Arachnopeon
Dehaani pinches hurt badddddd, can even put you in the hospital. I'd say Ethmostigmus or Madagascarensis are your best bet, both rather docile (for a centipede haha) and the pinches are mild so you don't have to worry about nips if you want to handle them. They are also really active centipedes but so are Dehnni. The biggest is dehaani but I wouldn't recommend it as a starter due to its aggressive nature and venom strength.
Thanks for the info:) But how are the alipes spp?
Flag tail or multicostis. Looks awsome!

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
I've honestly never had any of them so I really don't know anything about them other then they are small and require mid to high humidity and I think 75-80 degree Fahrenheit (room temp in my house) setups, may be slightly wrong though, I'm sure other members here have kept them and maybe one will see this post and can tell you better then me. Good luck on your new pede what ever you choose! You'll love any of them I'm sure!

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Oh also I will say if I were you I'd go with the Madagascarensis, it's a lot like the Polymorpha I have here in New Mexico and I can't get them in the U.S. So I would jump on a chance to get one of them! This is my Polymorpha, so docile I can pet her and not have to be all slow around her, she is the nicest pede I've ever seen.

Attachments

Pocco

Arachnopeon
Oh also I will say if I were you I'd go with the Madagascarensis, it's a lot like the Polymorpha I have here in New Mexico and I can't get them in the U.S. So I would jump on a chance to get one of them! This is my Polymorpha, so docile I can pet her and not have to be all slow around her, she is the nicest pede I've ever seen.
Wow, looks really beautiful!

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Thank you! She's a pretty cool Polymorpha. Dang 65 is definitely lower then I thought for those 2 species of pede, I thought flag tails were a tropical species same with the Alipes, but like I said before I've never worked with either.

Pocco

Arachnopeon
I have heard that pedes are masters of escape. I have a glass terrarium. No top lid, just sliding doors. These doors are locked so the absolutly only way out is the tiny gap where the doors slide over eachother. I can only fit about the end of a paper clip between, so i think its safe. What do you think?