My new kritter

Ethan4791

Arachnopeon
Lost my T collection a few years ago in a fire :unhappy: But decided to get back into it with this pretty girl :biggrin: image1.JPG

cold blood

Staff member
Nice, welcome back from a horrible end last time, that had to really suck. Looks like a stirmi, eh?

Ethan4791

Arachnopeon
Yes very much so, and you are correct. Got her 2 days ago and shes been pretty active in the evenings so thinking of trying to feed her for the first time tomorrow.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Great T, Theraphosa sp. are the quintessence of T's for me, but my wallet hates those :)

Ethan4791

Arachnopeon
I am a big fan of them as well, their sheer size as well as the challenges that come along with them are what attract me to them. Some people are scared off by how demanding they can be at times but I actually enjoy attempting to get everything just right.

obie

Arachnosquire
If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase him from I'm not to far from you. In Warren

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Welcome back and nice T,Stirmi, is he/she a 4" juvie?

just guessing.

Ethan4791

Arachnopeon
Yes Warren is not far at all, I ordered her from Stamps Tarantulas.

Although I have not been able to measure her or one of her molts myself I have held the tape measure up to the tank and she appears to be a little closer to 4 1/2". Was advertised as 4" though

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 11:11 PM ----------

Holding the tape measure up is viable as long as you squint for the record

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 11:15 PM ----------

Holding the tape measure up is viable as long as you squint for the record

Ethan4791

Arachnopeon
I've got her in a 10g aquarium with eco earth subatrate. The substrate is at a slight slope, the left hand side is about 6 inches deep and the right is just under five. Her hide is half a flower pot which is on the high side and her water bowl is on the low side.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 08:41 AM ----------

Temp in tank is about 82 during the day and 78 at night. And I'm making a plexiglass top to replace the screen top that is on there.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I've got her in a 10g aquarium with eco earth subatrate. The substrate is at a slight slope, the left hand side is about 6 inches deep and the right is just under five. Her hide is half a flower pot which is on the high side and her water bowl is on the low side.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 08:41 AM ----------

Temp in tank is about 82 during the day and 78 at night. And I'm making a plexiglass top to replace the screen top that is on there.
Keep the substrate moist too