Want some opinions. Top 5 to 10 Brachys besides a Smithi?

SoulSpiegel12

Arachnosquire
I really enjoy the brachypelma genus of Ts and as far as future Ts go I plan on staying in that genus with maybe an e.campestratus or definitely a Euahthlus sp. red. Just want to know what you guys feel are other great ones to have in the genus, I know a few others but I find out about more each day. Just personal opinions on your 5 to 10 favorites, would love to hear back. I said besides a smithi because I already own one, will be taking some Ts listed into consideration as future ones.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you don't get an Emilia you are not a true Brachy loyalist [emoji13] the same for Klaasi

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Schroederi emilia verdezi and auratum albo annitha vagans klaasi boehmei my point is you need them all

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If you like Brachypelma, get as many as you can. You may not even find 10 species for sale. They're are, pricey, difficult to bred, and CITES.

Last edited:

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
If you likely Brachypelma, get as many as you can. You may not even find 10 species for sale. They're are, pricey, difficult to bred, and CITES.
Albopilosum doesn't seem too hard to breed. They're flooding the market in Canada at least.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another vote for Auratum here.

And Albopilosum. They remind me of Gary Busey on a "good hair day."

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1. klaasi
2. emilia
3. auratum
4. albopilosum
5. vagans

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
personaly im not much for brachies.. growth kills me.. tho i like the look of

klaasi and emilia [have a male emilia actually lol] i had a boehmei as a "poor mans klaasi" it curved that craving for a bit ;P those are the only ones i personaly like

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1.Smithi
2. Boehmei
3. Vagans
4. Albopilosum
5. Klassi

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1.) B. auratum
2.) B. Klassi
3.) B. smithi
4.) B. annitha
5.) B. albiceps
6.) B. emilia

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
While B.vagans are a dime a dozen, the time I've spent with them has left an impression. They are more sassy compared to the rest of the genus (or the specimens I've met) and act more like a big NW tropical than an orange and black potato.

edit* spellcheck is not your friend...tarantulas aren't vegans

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
While B.vegans are a dime a dozen, the time I've spent with them has left an impression. They are more sassy compared to the rest of the genus (or the specimens I've met) and act more like a big NW tropical than an orange and black potato.
Agreed most brachypelma make me sleepy( I just yawned) I'll cast my vote though

1- albopilosum

2- boehmei

3-auratum

4-vagans

5-albiceps

The only ones I might seek out to buy would be #s 3-4-1 the rest I would only consider keeping as frebees..

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
klaasi must have for any brachy fan absoutly stunning pictures dont do them justice
emilia come on it has pac man on its back how can you not want one
Boehmei needs no reason just buy one
Vagans grows fast aggressive eater easy to breed looks cool cheap i recommend atleast a dozen for every collection
Albopilosum how could you not want one or five they are the teddy bears of tarantulas one of my faves to watch grow

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
No one's even listed 10. As I said earlier, just get Brachy's when you run across them. If you exclude the cheap ones (albopilosum and vagans/sabulosum), you'll probably never get to 10.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
No one's even listed 10. As I said earlier, just get Brachy's when you run across them. If you exclude the cheap ones (albopilosum and vagans/sabulosum), you'll probably never get to 10.
aint that the truth of the like 20[maybe 21? idk on all clasifications] theres like 12 you find in the hobby primarily.. and usualy only find like maybe 4 dif ones at the same dealer most iv seen is recently on stamps sale they had 6 dif ones.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
1 B. baumgarteni
2 B. baumgarteni
3 B. baumgarteni
4 B. baumgarteni
5 B. baumgarteni