Hoping for a chance at breeding!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
There is an expo coming to my area in just a couple a months, and through the years I've gathered a few females that are ready to be bred. The females I have are generally not rare, so I wouldn't be surprised to find a male to go along with one of them. To be clear, this is my first shot at breeding - I, of course, have done loads of research. I even have the supplies ready to go, given the opportunity arises. But here is my question: Out of the females I have, which should I hold off breeding until I'm more experienced in the matter? Reading reports, it seems like the temperament of the species doesn't play a huge part in how difficult they are to breed, and individual accounts are few and far between for me to compare.

So, here is what I have. Some are sub-adult, but chances are I won't be finding a mature male anyway, so they can wait:
  • A. chalcodes
  • P. striata
  • B. emilia
  • E. truculentus
  • E. pulcherrimaklaasi
  • T. stirmi
  • C. darlingi

What I really want to breed is that B. emilia, but finding a male for her has been a challenge. My P. striata just molted last night, and I believe it was her ultimate molt. Those are the two I'd really enjoy breeding, but the pokie worries me, quite honestly.

So, advice? Species to stay away from? Species to pursue? There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums, and I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say. As always, thanks for the help!

cold blood

Staff member
Females mature, males have ultimate molts.

Striata would probably pair easily, but I wouldn't begin with a pokie....emelia, like most red leg brachys, can be difficult to get sacs from, same for Theraposa. Your easiest bet would probably be the C. darlingi.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Females mature, males have ultimate molts.

Striata would probably pair easily, but I wouldn't begin with a pokie....emelia, like most red leg brachys, can be difficult to get sacs from, same for Theraposa. Your easiest bet would probably be the C. darlingi.
nothing more needs to be said