Males - breeding

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey guys!

I would like to know something..

Lately, before someone buys mature male from me, people ask me .. '' WAS HE ALREADY MATED ? '' and if I say yes, there are less then 50% chances they will purchase him. Why is this so?

I mean .. male's continuously making spermwebs, even if they were mated fifty times, with fifty different females.. they will still make a new one.
They are not useless, because of some previous matings. It' just the time that past by from his mature molt that counts. Or am I wrong?

I have an adult male P.metallica , that was mated with 2 different females, several times and his last molt was in July15.. and the buyer was like ' nope, he was already mated '

Last edited by a moderator:

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just laugh and sell him to someone who knows what he's doing. As long as he makes spermwebs he's fine.

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just laugh and sell him to someone who knows what he's doing. As long as he makes spermwebs he's fine.
That's what I thought.. just want to make sure lol .. But he's not the first one asking me that :)

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would rather use a fresh male that has been with 3 females than use an old unmated male.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I'd purchase a male thats been used a few times.. At least he knows what he's doing ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
the only thing i can think is that maybe their thinking its like herps? i know some male snakes once theyv been with a female or at least realy close to one, he may not eat at all that season, not uncommon around here anyways. and if their fem isnt quite ready to breed they think hell be a frail little spine with ribs by the time shes of size? which also isnt the case as i have a male who goes off feed for the entire year till he is moved closer to the fms durring breeding season and then wants all the meals he can for the energy... *shrug* i understand if you said he had only one palp, or missing a leg.. heckeven if you said he was an old male.. but 2 months mature and bred 2 girls is good timing for a T imo :p