Bean bettles for slings?

Grio

Arachnopeon
Will bean Beatles work for slings?

Most of my slings will only take live food. With pinhead I it's hard to just feed just one or without killing them.

So I have been thinking about using bean Beatles instead. Was wondering if anyone had experience with that

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Spiders aren't particularly fond of any beetles, and I doubt slings would eat them. But I haven't tried bean beetles.

varanoid

Arachnopeon
I used to breed bean beetles for a couple years to feed my dart frogs. I eventually developed allergic reactions when I handled them so I stopped. Plus they are difficult to to handle I'm since they cling to the sides of containers more and I would always have escapees running around

14pokies

Arachnoprince
So no one has experience with them for slings?
That should tell you something...

Tap the eggcrate into a tall deli cup and shake what you don't need back into the container...pop the lid on your slings enclosure and shake in the cricket.... If your too impatient for that then raising Ts from slings isn't gonna work for you...

I see peeps all the time on A quest for the Golden feeder... It doesn't exist and when you think your close something happens and you end up needing LPS crix at some point for whatever reason... Might as well get used to wrangling those roudy little buggers now while your young...

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
All of my slings accept dead prey(usually in the form of cricket legs), but some take a while before they actually eat them.

One of my P. sp. Koh Samui consistenly take 2 days before she grabs it from the mouth of her burrow, but she always end up eating at least part of it(the legs can be a tad big for them sometimes since they were around 1/6" when I got them. The other 2 take them in less than a day, not sure why the difference between them.

You can't really escape using crickets and/or roaches when feeding tarantulas, that's what most people who try different things end up coming back to.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Will bean Beatles work for slings?

Most of my slings will only take live food. With pinhead I it's hard to just feed just one or without killing them.

So I have been thinking about using bean Beatles instead. Was wondering if anyone had experience with that
Did you have any luck getting your sling to eat bean beetles? I haven't, but my B. smithi sling appears to have gone into pre-moult shortly after I received her and she has refused crickets and phoenix worms too. After reading about the danger posed by uneaten mealworms and crickets, I thought I would be extra safe and 'smart' and feed harmless food, but maybe there is a reason I find little mention of people using feeders other than crickets, mealworms and roaches... Hopefully my frogs will like the beetles... the culture has really boomed... :wideyed: