Is this a start of a molt?

Pancakensyrup

Arachnosquire
There seems to be a bubbling in between his caprice and abdomen is this the start of a molt?

20150910_163706.jpg

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
That appears to be a mature male. Do you have a picture of the whole T (legs included?) is it eating or grooming in the pic? It looks curled.

T's will lay a molting mat and most of them will start a molt by lying on their backs. The carapace will separate at where the leg segments meet the cephalothorax and the chelicerae, and not at the abdomen, the carapace will stay attached to the abdominal skin via the pedicel. So I doubt it's molting

It's very rare for a mature male to survive a post-ultimate molt, they usually get stuck and die in the process.

Pancakensyrup

Arachnosquire
He's 2yrs old and yes he's hooked up...apparently the guy who had him before was feeding him 3 tubs of locusts a week

He's not eaten since we got him about 3 weeks ago

It's the way he was stood half on the glass plus it was a close up
This is the best photo I can get of him...he's not playing ball now I need a photo of him lol

20150910_195855.jpg

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
He just looks like a normal MM hanging out, I had difficulty trying to get my MMs to eat and all of a sudden a few days back they started munching away, today is their third meal and they both accepted it happily. Just make sure it has water and try feeding once every week. MMs normally rarely eat after they mature, they seek a female rather than food and in the wild they need to be thin to roam long distances in search of a mate. So it's just nature at it's best.

Pancakensyrup

Arachnosquire
I'm just a panicky newish owner the eating isn't the worry its that bubbly thing in between his head and abdomen on the first pic I think...I've read it's normal and just noticeable more on some than others lol

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like pancakes.

anyways, it looks like a normal connection in between abdomen and carapace? doesnt look like a bubble as in something swollen or ready to pop. Seems like a healthy male spider.

I am sure there is a scientific name for what we are looking at (the connecting muscle/organ thingy)

do you have a female for him?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I like pancakes.

anyways, it looks like a normal connection in between abdomen and carapace? doesnt look like a bubble as in something swollen or ready to pop. Seems like a healthy male spider.

I am sure there is a scientific name for what we are looking at (the connecting muscle/organ thingy)

do you have a female for him?
If I'm not mistaken, it's called the pedicel :p

Pancakensyrup

Arachnosquire
Well I'm glad to hear that it's nothing serious....and no I've not got a mate for him me and the wife was talking about that before I left for work lol