quick ID PLEASE

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I was looking up Poecilotheria hanumavillasumica*and I saw this pink pokie...
Is this a real pink pokie? Are these the females or males or is this photo shop ?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
That almost looks more like dye than photoshop...but I don't see a Poec allowing that.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its just blushing.. It farted during the photo shoot...

Op i hate to crush your dreams but there are no pink pokies :unhappy:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I thought Dee Snider died already?
Nope, he actually has a radio show called House of Hair. Which I only recently found out about because his show plays on the local radio here. Alice Cooper too, it's weird.

On the subject of pink Ts though, I mean, if you're wanting one there's always versicolors and my young P.ornata have a burgundy tint to them. :3

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where the interesting part is that people visited that particular person offering to sell those "pink" poecies showing them at the HAMM show with even slings being pink. I would've went for photoshopped too, if it weren't for a number of people stating they saw those spiders being pink...

Bottom line: Certainly not normal. Certainly not a new species.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Where the interesting part is that people visited that particular person offering to sell those "pink" poecies showing them at the HAMM show with even slings being pink. I would've went for photoshopped too, if it weren't for a number of people stating they saw those spiders being pink...

Bottom line: Certainly not normal. Certainly not a new species.
They came to the conclusion that the spider was possibly dyed. What baffles me:

1: the seller was hesitant to let anyone take pictures
2: the adult was viewable from only one side of the enclosure
3: some of the legs showed yellow, while the others did not, the colour wasn't even and was "off" in some places.
4: one of the members that visited claimed he saw what appeared to be a drop of a red water stain in one of the sling containers
5: these were sold at a reptile expo and not at a invert expo
6: the seller knew nothing about permits regarding import/export/collection etc. in Sri-Lanka
7: why did he sell them? If they were undescribed or "new" species? Why didn't they come in contact with a arachnologist who could possibly describe/id the specimen?
8: why, after 10 years hasn't there been a breakthrough of a famous pink poeci?

^^ all that makes me think it was faked.

Last edited: