So happy I had to share!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I couldn't contain the excitement anymore! I just had to share this!

So about two days back, my AF P. Irminia left her tube web, just to find another spot to make a new one, I thought it was pretty odd so I left her be. I then noticed she started webbing excessively, I didn't thought much about it, I thought she was just setting up a new place to call home, until I turned the enclosure around and saw how much she actually webbed. This girl was mated successfully 3 times with one male back in April, the fourth time she showed no interest and I removed the male.

So I left the enclosure turned around to keep an eye on her, this morning when I woke up and checked on her, she was busy laying her eggs!!!! I'm so excited, I was walking back and forth and thought: "omg she finally did it!"

This is my 1st time breeding, so for me it's a rather big achievement thus far. I'll probably update this when I pull the sac, I really hope everything will be fine with the eggs till then, and that I get a few healthy EWLs.

Now I would like to thank all the experienced keepers on here for sharing their experiences and knowledge with us, I don't think I would've gotten this far in the hobby without you guys. I would like to thank the AB team for such a great website, arachnoboards is the go-to place for any accurate tarantula related information. And then I would like to thank Austin (Austin S) for guiding me through the whole breeding process, for being so kind in to answering all the questions I had (both serious and silly) regarding breeding, and helping me achieve what I have today. :) :) :) :)

^^ seriously, you guys rock!

I'll leave a breeding report as well after I pulled the sac :)

IMG_20150913_122005_edit.jpg

Abby79

Arachnopeon
Congrats, now weeks of stress, worrying! should i, shouldn't i! what if!. haha,
fingers crossed, and well done! x

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ahh congratulations im happy for you! Ill I'll keep my fingers crossed that she double clutches!

cold blood

Staff member
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: (standing ovation)

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Congratulations! The coming weeks will crawl by,lol,but it's worth the wait. How long until you pull the sac on that species?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking all over for this thread! Was thinking to myself, "I know she had to have posted this somewhere", HA! Congrats again! My pleasure with assistance, I'm always here for any questions! Keep us/me posted!!!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Update

So today at day 19 I decided to pull the sac, I saw the female wandering her enclosure early morning and she did not tend the sac for almost the entire day, so I got worried about it. The sac looked big but upon opening it I was quite disappointed to find only 27 healthy looking eggs, 3 were rotten and a few were dark and mushy. So it did not entirely turned out as expected. At least there is something, fingers crossed that the eggs develop into healthy little EWLs and 1i - 2i. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. I have another unsexed P. Irminia juvenile, if it turns out male I'll give it another shot and see how it goes. For now I'll give the female a break until she molts again.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Gl lola keep thise eggs heathy and im sire theyl be fine
Yeah I hope so too. Austin said that the female may have sensed the sac getting bad why she left it unattended. I initially planned on pulling it the 27th, but I think it would have been very bad then. About 1/3 of the sac was bad. So I'm glad to have pulled it today so I could save what I possibly can.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yeah I hope so too. Austin said that the female may have sensed the sac getting bad why she left it unattended. I initially planned on pulling it the 27th, but I think it would have been very bad then. About 1/3 of the sac was bad. So I'm glad to have pulled it today so I could save what I possibly can.
Im a firm beleiver in them smelling or sencing it going bad, afterall how often do we find females carrying around rotting balls of yuck ;) but at least you git some possibly good eggs out of it!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Im a firm beleiver in them smelling or sencing it going bad, afterall how often do we find females carrying around rotting balls of yuck ;) but at least you git some possibly good eggs out of it!
Yep the ones I have in the incubator looks healthy, so fingers crossed :)