Is rust dangorus for tarantulas?

magneto

Arachnoknight
Strange question, I know.

I have built a tank that's gonna have A LOT of substrate in it. I have used acrylic cement to put it together but I am afraid that the pressure of the substrate is gonna be too much for the tank. The solution I came up with is to make a couple of bars on the inside of the tank and fasten them with nuts and bolts on the outside to hold the thank together. These bars will be submerged in the substrate so they won't be visible.

As the substrate will be slighly moist I figured i would need something like stainless steel or plastic. The only thing I have found is a bar that is protected from rust on the outside, but as I need to cut it to fit the tank, the place where i cut is going to be exposed regular steel. This will be only at the ends and tightly pressed against the walls of the tank, but it is still regular steel, not stainless...and that can rust.

Now, my question is therefore: Is a tiny bit of rust dangerous to tarantulas? As the tank is quite big, it's not a given that the tarantula will even come in contact with it. But it's still an unknown element in the tank so I thought it best to ask if anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks for any and all answers.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Nothing I have seen would suggest it is, it's common for opportunistic tarantulas out here to burrow under rusted pieces of tin.