My 7.75" Orthoporus Sp. Molted again an is now tipping over 8"!!!!

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
So in central NM there is a creek that runs through Hillsboro NM called the Percha Creek. Around mid July this species emerges in great numbers which happens all a thought the southwest but the Percha Creek I have found to be a special place for this species. The reason is Orthoporus here are all dark brown with gold bands which is beautiful but that's not the super special part. The average ones you see walking down the wash in the early morning are between 6"-7.5" which is quite large for them. Now on my last trip to the Gila I seen this one crossing the road in the Hillsboro area and quickly pulled over and collected it. It was 7.75" when I found it and quite viberent and healthy. It was super active till about a month ago and then went into hiding. Turns out it was molting to my surprise and it has finally emerged at a whopping 8"!!!!! I have never seen an Orthoporus this big, not even a Texas gold. Here is a pic of it next to a 6" Texas locality adult Orthoporus with my hand next to them both for size comparison. Just wanted to share because she's a real beast!

Attachments

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
whoooo....daddy! she's a beast alright.nice find,kinda like a sw version of the AGB.very cool

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As Steve Erwin might have said,
"Crikey! Look at the size of 'er! She's a beauty!"

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Wow! So pretty and a big 'ol baby!
That's a very nice brown color, very rich.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Look at that big ol' pretty lady!
She's making me want to get some larger millipede species right now xD
Soon, soon.