My collection is starting to look good =D

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
My Homemade cabinet with all my T's excluding my P. Regalis, P. Cambridgei and P. Irminia
20151001_201316.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Looks pretty sweet! btw are the lights i use for my aquarium ok for T lighting? is that what youre using?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You don't need lights for tarantulas. They actually shun light and prefer dark spaces.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
BobGrill is right about the light. Btw which Theraphosidae is housed into the enclosure with the car? It's funny, looks IMO Dick Tracy vintage style.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Those are the type of enclosures I like. Where do you get yours?
Those enclosures are what is available for tarantulas on the market here in South-Africa. Those enclosure IMHO is not a great choice, as the ventilation is quite bad, made of glass so it's difficult to put vent holes in, and the lids open at the top which is more difficult IMO to control bolting speed demons. I also live in South-Africa, I use those only for my slings and small juveniles, as the venting in the smaller enclosures are fine, but bad for the bigger Ts (the big enclosure for adults has only one of those tiny round vents in the lid). My sub-adults and adults are housed in home made cast acrylic enclosures, that way I can make sure my Ts has good cross-ventilation, and the door is placed on the side.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Those enclosures are what is available for tarantulas on the market here in South-Africa. Those enclosure IMHO is not a great choice, as the ventilation is quite bad, made of glass so it's difficult to put vent holes in, and the lids open at the top which is more difficult IMO to control bolting speed demons. I also live in South-Africa, I use those only for my slings and small juveniles, as the venting in the smaller enclosures are fine, but bad for the bigger Ts (the big enclosure for adults has only one of those tiny round vents in the lid). My sub-adults and adults are housed in home made cast acrylic enclosures, that way I can make sure my Ts has good cross-ventilation, and the door is placed on the side.
I'm curious, do you have a link of a S.A online shop who sold those glass enclosures?? :)

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
Looks pretty sweet! btw are the lights i use for my aquarium ok for T lighting? is that what youre using?
Hi, thanks. I dont know if aquarium lights are any good but I use LED strip lights for display and feeding purposes only

---------- Post added 10-04-2015 at 07:22 AM ----------

BobGrill is right about the light. Btw which Theraphosidae is housed into the enclosure with the car? It's funny, looks IMO Dick Tracy vintage style.
Hi. That is a Lampropelma Violaceopes (Singapore Blue)

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
not too shaby! did you make those enclosures? or did you buy them?
Hi thanks. Unfortunally not, that is all that is availible in South Africa. I wanted to make my own enclosures with plexiglass but it is to expensive.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Hi thanks. Unfortunally not, that is all that is availible in South Africa. I wanted to make my own enclosures with plexiglass but it is to expensive.
Yeah it can get quite costly to make your own... that cabinet is pretty cool, I think I'll have to make me one of those as well. More space = more Ts :biggrin:

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
Yeah it can get quite costly to make your own... that cabinet is pretty cool, I think I'll have to make me one of those as well. More space = more Ts :biggrin:
I bought used pallet wood to build the cabinet. And my thoughts exactly on the "more space= more T's".
I just wish I had built the cabinet larger to fit more T's haha

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 09:18 PM ----------

I bought used pallet wood to build the cabinet. And my thoughts exactly on the "more space= more T's".

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 09:25 PM ----------

I also added another T to my collection today!! (but unfortunally I am once again broke)
But I think it was worth it

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
But you do have room for another cabinet, yes? :)

I also added another T to my collection today!! (but unfortunally I am once again broke)
But I think it was worth it
What, are you going to make us guess?? ;)

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
Aha!
As nice an addition as any, for sure.
I wish I had space for another cabinet but my room is completly full, unless I throw my desk out or my bed hahaha:biggrin::biggrin:
Yes you are correct with the Lasiodora Klugi but I was lucky enough to get a bigger one, she is currently measuring
just over 20cm. She is a complete MONSTER:biggrin::biggrin: ( I almost lost a hand yesterday when I rehoused her hahahahhaahhah)