What enclosures do you use?

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
I like to display my Ts and it seems I enjoy the vented acrylic boxes but I was wondering what everyone elses uses for their display Ts. I don't like critter keepers because my OCD doesn't like the multi colors of lids. I am quickly acquiring new Ts and looking for economical ways to keep them that are still nice for display. At some point I'll be getting arboreals and will need some ideas with their habitats as well. Thanks.

REvan342

Arachnopeon
My LP sling (approx 2 in) and my 1.25in Asian Forest Scorplings are all in medium sized deli containers.
My OBT (3.75-4 in MM) and my G Porteri (3.25 in) are in kritter keepers.

I have slings on the way (half inch) and will be using these tiny plastic containers from Walmart.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Anything I paid under £30 or so for Are In 3ltr Braplast and 1.3 braplast vials And Everything above I used Expensive Custom Acrylic Tanks With Locks, Or custom aquaria Glass tanks.

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
Yes, I have looked at some of the acrylic tanks on ebay for the arboreals. Eventually I'd like to have a Gooty Sapphire and of course I sure don't want it to escape. Those custom acrylics are awful expensive. They are beautiful though. I have mine in the acrylic "build it yourself" enclosures now. They are pretty nice but do require some modification to make them secure for Ts.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 04:01 PM ----------

Back in the day (about 10 years ago, lol) I used varying sizes of glass aquariums with screen lids and lid locks to house my many Ts. They just are heavy and now way more expensive than they used to be as well.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Haha. Its worth spending some more money... because in the US As far as iv seen, Spiders are very expensive

cold blood

Staff member
As far as iv seen, Spiders are very expensive
Only the expensive ones. Most are reasonably priced and there are also a lot of super duper cheap, readily available species. You could easily have an extensive collection and never spend as much as 20 bucks on any spider....heck, there's a lot you could get for under 10 bucks.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Walmart has these tall containers with white screw-off lids in their housewares section that I use for sling to juvenile arboreals. They look really nice all lined up next to each other. I know other people here use them, so maybe they'll be able to post a pic for you (I'm not at home atm or I'd take one).

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
My Bad Thats Canada then lol
Canada currently has a major dealer with P. sazima on sale for $20 a piece when you buy 5 (it's really 5 for $100, regular $25 a piece)... these were million dollar spiders not too long ago. Our hobby got big yo!

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 09:05 PM ----------

Also, to reply properly to the thread: I've used deli cups for slings, and Dollar Store finds for intermediates. I have a Euathlus sp. "Red" in an 8oz acrylic jar meant for mixing paint.

I have two Exo-terra Nano talls in use right now. One is standard complete with mesh top, and my Damon diadema lives in that one. The other has been converted into a terrestrial tank for my almost adult (maybe adult) Brachypelma albopilosum.

I like the look/feel of Exo-terra tanks, and I enjoy modifying them. I'll likely be picking up a few more at the next Expo, since they're almost half price there.

cold blood

Staff member
not too bad, but still 6-8 times what I spend on comparable seterilites.:wink:

truecreature

Arachnoknight
The $17.88 is for a pack of 4, if that's what you mean ;p When I buy them in-store I think they're around $4 each

Chris11

ArachnoBat
mostly kritter keepers here.... but i have a few in glass and others in diy jars that had whatever in them before... and delis for slings...
the assortment of different container does not bother me at all... as long as i have my babies :giggle:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I use mostly critter keepers (exo terra faunariums) and mine all have solid black lids -- looks nice enough for me. I keep avics differently, obviously, various upside down enclosures which I can ventilate properly and theirs have solid tops.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
I love that design, Edge! I would do that for my H.pulchripe juvi's but My breeding season was absolute crap, I had 23 Slug sacs. and only 11 Good ones :( And I lost around 400 slings.... So I cant afford a nano atm :(

mikeinla

Arachnopeon
Walmart has these tall containers with white screw-off lids in their housewares section that I use for sling to juvenile arboreals. They look really nice all lined up next to each other. I know other people here use them, so maybe they'll be able to post a pic for you (I'm not at home atm or I'd take one).

Pic? link?

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Have a mix of enclosures...everything from pill pots to deli cups, KKs and acrylics...plan on making our own acrylics for the sightly more special Ts.