R. junceus slings.

ety32

Arachnosquire
My R. Junceus *just* gabe birth to a few slings and she doesnt seem to take care of them. They are all around a little pack of... *yellow bubbles* one of them is appart. Anything I can do? No... Right..?

Khagra

Arachnosquire
Did they molt and climb off mom's back or did she abandon the whole group?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Pics would really help get you a better answer but it Sounds like she dropped some duds and abandoned the others that were born also
Only thing I can suggest is try to move the babies to a small container with moist paper towels and almost no ventilation if the babies are still 1i but if they molted to 2i - they should be fine

Most of my 2i R junceus cling to the inside of mama's hide after they molt which really makes it easy to take them from mama :)

ety32

Arachnosquire
No idea if they molted alteady, seems like theres still some almlst invis ones, but at least 4-5 of them are orange. I'll take pics tomorrow. So even if they are 1st instar i can take them away from the mother and just feed them.. Dead crickets i guess?

Khagra

Arachnosquire
Slings don't need to be fed until 2i (meaning they've gone through their first molt already)
They can start eating once they are walking around on their own, but I wait a few days to feed them just to be sure.

I've never had scorpions this small, but I'm assuming pinhead crickets and/or cricket drumsticks.
Definitely ask someone else with more experience regarding feeding though.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
If they molted to 2i they look like perfect miniatures of mama but if they are little orange + white "bubbles" they are still 1i and will need to be taken out of mamas tank if she did indeed abandon them
Best of luck with them

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like she wasnt given proper care prior to birthing. If you werent expecting a brood, it's no problem and all, but it sounds like she didnt get the required nutrients and heat she needed and abandoned them after trying to give birth. If they are not fully formed 1st instar scorpions, then no dice, they're probably goners. If they're fully formed outside of that yellow bubble of birth and undeveloped eggs, you may be save to save them if you place them in an ICU

best of luck

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they are still 1st instar..
i've seen a thread of how to rescue abandoned/undeveloped babies , i cant find it right now but search it up asap.

ety32

Arachnosquire
All 5 are still alive and they *seem* healthy. But... Are they supposed to move at all....? They don't do anything of their whole day.

ety32

Arachnosquire
So who says none will survive? Who says 1? Maybe 2? Up to 5! Bet your dog, your wife and your house, dices are rolled, drums are rollin', spells have been casted!

ety32

Arachnosquire
Haha well she gave birth to 5...5 lived :p i thought one was dead, i put it in a cup with an adult dead one, and the day after it was moving :D even accidentaly dropped 1 from 3ft high and it lived!

Last edited:

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Haha well she gave birth to 5...5 lived :p i thought one was dead, i put it in a cup with an adult dead one, and the day after it was moving :D even accidentaly dropped 1 from 3ft high and it lived!
Hey, 5 out of 5 is pretty awesome then! Beautiful brood you have!