C. darlingi mated 2 months ago

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Hi everyone. How long does c darlingi produce eggsac? I have a pair of c darlingi that I mated 3x for the last two months. And the male is dead already. Should I leave the enclosure humid? And what should be my enclosure temperature? Is 2 months more than enough for her to lay egg? Thanks for your help in advance. I will appreciate how you breed your c darling story =)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They're a savannah species; the substrate needs to be dry; moist substrate will kill them. The water bowl provides the humidity, and cross ventilation is needed. It's very rare for a tarantula to lay eggs within a couple months of mating (I've only had it happen with Avics). Odds are it'll lay a (hammock) sac in the spring. Temps should be daytime in the 70's or 80's, nights high 60's at the lowest. Feed her well. Patience is a virtue in this hobby.

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Awesome! I was just wondering because I saw a people in the web after 2 months of mating their darling already produce eggsac. Thanks for the advice.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Awesome! I was just wondering because I saw a people in the web after 2 months of mating their darling already produce eggsac. Thanks for the advice.
They may have paired them up late, during the winter. Some species seem to produce eggs prior to mating season, so they're ready to go; Ceratogyrus seems to one of those. Females can get huge abdomens, but if they don't mate, they'll stay that way for a year or two, waiting for a visit by a male (happened to me with some C marshalli). It could be an adaptation for species well-defined and extreme dry and wet seasons.

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Half of Her enclosure is lil moist and half of the enclosure is dry. Should I leave the entire enclosure bone dry? Also I provide her a coconut shell hide. And she webbed the entrance closed. The substrate is around 2" deep. I know c darlingi is burrowing spec. But she have a hide, is it going to be fine without having deep substrate for her?

---------- Post added 10-06-2015 at 10:48 PM ----------

Her abdomen is plump before I even breed her. Her Abdomen is bigger thank her carapace