Weird G. rosea...

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
So my G rose a is acting weird.... It has webbed up both entrances to its hide. This morning I found one end completely opened but it seems reluctant to come out. If this is a stupid question I'm blaming it on the fact that I only have 6 tarantulas. Lol I think I'm considered a noob? Anyway any tips advice etc. on the t is appreciated.

Thanks

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 09:35 PM ----------

Btw, if this is the wrong place for this thread please move it as I'm still learning the ropes.

Thanks

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Probably molting, by the sound of it. It's just doing its thing; don't get involved.

P.S. Almost nothing counts as weird behavior from a tarantula, especially a rosea lol

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's normal premolt behavior.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Lol ok but I thought there was supposed to be a dark spot on the abdomen when it molts?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd need to see a picture of the tarantula.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Not always visible. Harder to see if there's no bald spot or an older tarantula. Generally that's competent normal for pre molt, let 'er get on with it and look forward to a new shiny bigger spidey

REvan342

Arachnopeon
It wants its privacy... I would to if I was going to remove my entire skin.... XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Lol thanks for the feedback! And no I can't get any pics because it is inside its little hiding place thing.

Thanks

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
How long have you had this Rosea? If it was a pet store purchase and adult in size it could have been WC and gravid when you bought it.
Could be getting ready to make a egg sack.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Yeah I considered that but it has molted once in my care (2-3 years).