Amac box question

Manny

ArachnoAquarium
Arachnosupporter
Hello all, I use amac boxes for everything. The only downside I see is having to remove the whole top
when feeding, watering, or cleaning. I was wondering if anyone has an experience with creating a large
vent hole and using it as an "access door." In this instance, the whole top wouldn't have to be removed and I also wouldn't have to shake their world up. Any ideas on what to use as a plug for this sort of
hole. Thank you

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all, I use amac boxes for everything. The only downside I see is having to remove the whole top
when feeding, watering, or cleaning. I was wondering if anyone has an experience with creating a large
vent hole and using it as an "access door." In this instance, the whole top wouldn't have to be removed and I also wouldn't have to shake their world up. Any ideas on what to use as a plug for this sort of
hole. Thank you
Ear plug, a sponge, maleable putty, foam, are al viable options. Make sure that the end that goes out is wide enough that it cannot fall in/is bent in a way that prevents it from falling.

I've had some success making holes that are large enough to shove a mealworm through without being large enough for the spider to escape, but I usually just take the lid off at this point.

Manny

ArachnoAquarium
Arachnosupporter
Ear plugs makes sense, thank you

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've debated about using a cork from a wine bottle as a stopper.
Seems like it would work pretty well.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I've debated about using a cork from a wine bottle as a stopper.
Seems like it would work pretty well.
A lady here does that cant remember who..

I myself use a hole that i burn..pretty small but big enough for venting small slings AND to shove my blunt needle through for watering, as for food i love droping it in from the top you have better access to it if its uneaten imo

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use these boxes for Avics- invert the container!

For the few terrestrials I put in these, I don't worry about their silk, they will make more as wanted