must be something in the air

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
All my tarantulas are out tonight. All of them. Even P. regalis who I haven't seen beyond the tips of his legs since I got him in early August, and P. irminia who usually only peeks out, were both completely fully out. I've just been sitting with my flashlight enjoying the show.

hutch924

Arachnopeon
That is cool. I have been pretty lucky with my LP. She is always out for me. The only time she isnt is when my kids are with me and running around the house.

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
That is cool. I have been pretty lucky with my LP. She is always out for me. The only time she isnt is when my kids are with me and running around the house.
Haha I have kids too. "Don't stomp, you're scaring the tarantulas!" is actually a pretty common exhortation in my house.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Cute Kristina! :)

I happened to notice all of mine are also out in open this evening except GBB (who is still in her new tunnel web -- presumedly just moulted, but been in there about 10 days -- longer than her 'norm' so, so getting a 'teensy' bit concerned).

But otherwise, sweet to see everyone out for a change. Even C fimbri sling is out in open and he/she is my shyest right now.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This happens with mine too; sometimes 30/40 of them are out at once , usually at night. My G. lurida roaches have times when they collectively freak out, too, with all of the males swarming and flying around and the females walking around outside of the substrate. Maybe it's a circadian rhythm, barometric pressure, temperature, pheromone thing with multiple variables causing them to behave the same way?