Ladies and Gentlemen, everything you know is a lie

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
There are no tarantulas native to the US (that is so hard to type with a straight face). Found this bit of super misinformation while searching for info on arachnids in Victor Valley:
http://www.chacha.com/question/are-there-tarantulas-in-victorville

I've found some hilarious misinformation but that one, ohmygosh. :laugh: Almost as good is a related question found below titled "Where can you find tarantulas" with someone informing them that tarantulas are to be found in Africa and Asia (inferring no where else in the process).

What tidbits of misinformation have you found lately?

OliverWhatever

Arachnosquire
Just take a little trip to the local pet store, and this thread will get a lot of content!

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Just take a little trip to the local pet store, and this thread will get a lot of content!
Oh we've got whole threads dedicated to LPS misinformation. Someone needs to dig up that thread, because the stories, my word, the stories.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Lol wats sad is yrs ago chacha payed people to answer those questions for "those without internet capabilities" apparently this said indevidual knew jack diddly even with the internet at his fingertips

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Now it's your duty to set them straight.... Have fun.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Oroborus, funny link. They got one thing right: in case of a "fang strike," you really have screwed up.

CoinJar

Arachnopeon
When talking about my tarantula collection at work, an elderly customer informed me that I should be careful not be bitten as a bite from a tarantula is fatal. When I tried to correct her, she swore to me that someone her dad knew long ago died from a tarantula bite (one of those friend of a friend of a friend stories). I then assured her that none of "my species" were fatal biters, but they wouldn't let go until it thundered.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
My African webfoot tarantula is a testament that LPS just make it up as they go. Also it's a g.rosea lol

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon

shmuck409

Arachnopeon
I've had a coworker swear that they sold defanged tarantulas back in his home state, and we reluctant to believe my when I said that they couldn't do that cause they T would eventually die.