Mold growing on sling's abdomen?

CoinJar

Arachnopeon
My Giant White Knee sling has what looks like mold growing on his/her abdomen. It started small but is spreading, it also looks as if the spinnerettes are no longer functioning, as they don't "lay web" during the happy dance as usual. The sling is acting normally otherwise and eating regularly. Anything to worry about? 20151009_001119.jpg 20151009_001111.jpg

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
Unless I am just not seeing what you are seeing, seems to me she is just gaining a bald spot from kicking hairs. Nothing to worry about in that case. As for the spinnerrettes, I don't know. Are you certain they are not working?

CoinJar

Arachnopeon
Unless I am just not seeing what you are seeing, seems to me she is just gaining a bald spot from kicking hairs. Nothing to worry about in that case. As for the spinnerrettes, I don't know. Are you certain they are not working?
There is a bald spot, yes. What I am referring to is the greenish matter growing around the bald spot. Before this happened, she would do the typical happy dance after catching prey and lay down Web. Now, she just dabs her abdomen down as if laying web, but the spinnerettes do not move and do not make any silk.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I don't see any mold.. Looks like she has a bald spot from kicking hair is all.. If your convinced there is mold on her you need to increase your ventilation on her enclosure ,keep the sub dry and give her a milk cap for water for the next week or so.. The dryer conditions should kill the mold...Also check for uneaten prey or boluses and patches of mold in the sub or on any of the furnishings..

As for the spinnerettes i'm honestly clueless.. They may be 'less functional' because of an impending molt.. Looks like she's close to me from that pic.. I have had spiders do that same thing though where it looks like they are laying web while feeding but don't and it wasn't a precursor to a molt or any serious problems..

Figure out the mold problem if its infact there and worry about the cooky T being a cooky T later..

REvan342

Arachnopeon
I would wait until after the next molt to be worried.... If she's otherwise acting normal, than there's nothing really to worry about.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
It's just the scabby-looking bits of setae from hair being kicked off around it. Definitely not mold.