Just pulled Avic Avic eggsac

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi everyone, I just pulled my A. avicularia eggsac a few minutes ago. It has been 29 1/2 days since it has been laid. temperatures were between 71 and 81 degrees during development, and I pulled the eggs a bit early since I noticed yellow ball shaped mold growing throughout the enclosure. The mother will be rehoused in a few minutes with clean substrate and new everything.
In the eggsac, about 1/3 of the eggs were dead and brown, while the rest were white. Of the remaining white eggs, about half of them were stuck to the dead brown eggs in clumps, but were still firm and easily peeled from the dead eggs. These "clumped but now free" eggs are in a separate cup in the incubator, while the non-stuck free eggs are in another. I will be caring for them exactly the same, rotating twice a day. If I notice any signs of mold I will be quick to pull the infected eggs. What do you think the chances that the eggs that were stuck together will hatch, if at all?

cold blood

Staff member
I wish I could find it, but there was a recent similar thread and the legs were circled by one of the more experienced breeders (Philth perhaps).....I'll keep my eye out if I cross that thread anytime soon.

The outline of the legs were pretty apparent.

cold blood

Staff member
Yup that was it thistles, thanks for the link....it was Austin btw and not philth...oops.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Alright it appears some of the eggs have embryos inside them, albeit they're small. I guess the room they're in is a little cold so it's slowing their development, but knock on wood they are developing.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It seems as though it's just the one... It's already developed past larval/ EWL stage and will be molting soon. It's almost mobile, and none of the others have hatched. Still rotating them and caring for them, but I think this sac was a bust :(