Cool story from today!

Anthony Jensen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I go to college in Prescott, AZ and I have seen 3 adult T's on campus since I've been here. A few nights ago I decided to go looking for T's on campus (we have a bunch of trails and good T habitat on campus) but I struck out and didn't find anything. The temperatures were probably too cold, as it can get pretty cold here at night. So anyways, I'm in communications class and decide I need a break so I walk outside and whenever I'm walking around campus I always keep my eye out for T's or other herps, and sure enough, there's a nice little T on a stroll at 9 in the morning. I can't believe my eyes, I've been wanting to catch a T to keep for a few days, so I run back to my classroom, get my water bottle (somehow my prof didn't notice I came in and out) and after about 3 minutes of searching for him again I found him and caught him, went back to my dorm and set him up in a delicup. I couldn't believe it! Aphonopelma on campus.jpg

Reminds me of a little B. albipolusum! And don't try to identify this species, yes I know its an Aphonopelma sp. but that genus is a mess right now so maybe we'll find out when the new papers are released.

P.S- For all of those who are gonna freak out that I took the Tarantula out of the wild, just know that I'm gonna release him after a few days. I can't have any T's or snakes in my dorm so it'll be nice to have him for a few days.