What species of T is vivid emerald green?

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
I'm not really a Tarantula guy and have only had Chaco Golden Knees and Goliath bird eaters in the past but they were real easy to keep so now I'm looking to find out if any species of T is my favorite color which is Emarald green and if there is such a species I want to find one to buy. Can anyone help me out and tell me if such a tarantula does exist?

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
green is my favorite color too

sick of blue spiders

i like green and black, that would be a bad ass spider,

I do not think there is a vivid emerald green tarantula yet. Maybe it will be found one day.

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
green is my favorite color too

sick of blue spiders

i like green and black, that would be a bad ass spider,

I do not think there is a vivid emerald green tarantula yet. Maybe it will be found one day.
Yeah cobalt blues look cool and all but it's just not as cool as green :( that's ashame, you'd think with all the other crazy colors they come in there'd be a green species somewhere. I've done extensive Google searches with no luck so I'm guessing you're right.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
p cambridgei is the greenest i know of

its a pretty quick "aboreal" tho so not something youd wanna jump into with adult

IMO its a bad idea to make selections based on color alone

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Huh that's interesting! I would've thought what with all these red, black,blue, purple, rainbow, etc. t's there would at least be one vivid green one.. Wonder why

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
p cambridgei is the greenest i know of

its a pretty quick "aboreal" tho so not something youd wanna jump into with adult

IMO its a bad idea to make selections based on color alone
Well I'm just really wanting a green T, I don't typically base my choices only on color. Thank you for the info though!! Very helpful.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
P.rufilata is green but its not a T for the novice. Fast, potent and not afraid to bite if provoked.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
Well I'm just really wanting a green T, I don't typically base my choices only on color. Thank you for the info though!! Very helpful.
i second the vote for chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (GBB)

they got green, they got blue, hell they got orange. (when mature)

cool looking slings too

also much more suited for a keeper with experience in only terrestrials

obie

Arachnosquire
Try the Phormictopus sp.green they look pretty good too

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
In other words, there are no tarantulas known so for that are anywhere close to what the OP asked about.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Not much to hope for.... but some avics are a bit iridescent and may photograph in emerald green. To the naked eye.... not very green. :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
There has to be some species out there but the fact that they match the surrounding foliage makes them drastically harder to find...

cold blood

Staff member
There has to be some species out there but the fact that they match the surrounding foliage makes them drastically harder to find...
LMAO, there are tons of them...they're just....invisible:unsure:

Back right after I got my first I used to check the pet stores every time I went in for dog food...saw a cobalt, always went back to see if they'd get another. I go in one time and see a t similar to a cobalt, but the greens were emerald green. I've since looked to see what it was ant at this point 15 years later I'm beginning to think it was either weird lighting or my mind playing tricks on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
15 years later I'm beginning to think it was either weird lighting or my mind playing tricks on me.
"there is a fifth dimension beyond what is known to man...
...this is the dimension of imagination, an area called the... twilight zone."

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
That makes a ton of sense. Now about 7 years ago when the Exotic pet pickings seemed more plentiful I seen something at a local pet store I called a Green Baboon Tarantula but it was hiding and I never actually saw it, that's back when I was mostly into snakes and monitors so I wasn't to interested and didn't ask to see it. Everyone has gave me awesome input though and I think I've found a species I'm gonna get ;) I'll post pics of it when it comes in! Didn't find the vivid green I was seeking but they pickings seem to be rather slim.