Had to icu my p.irminia

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
:cry: !!!!

Stupid LPS had a suntiger in mold so I decided to take it for myself and see if I could get it back to health. In two weeks I got it to eat once and it was doing better and then it took a turn for the worse. On top of the mold it was in, it was missing a beg left leg =[. Has not death curled but I know that was coming shortly so decided to icu it before and hopefully it can recover =[

CMON pull through!!!!

Good vibes would be highly appreciated :cry:

---------- Post added 11-22-2015 at 07:15 PM ----------

1/2 inch sling =[

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think they mean the enclosure, an ICU will do absolutely nothing for a spider that a water dish can't do better.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Its in a deli cup. With topsoil/ecoearth as substrate and a tower of corkbark on one side. Water dish is a little condiment lid.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah I wouldn't have moved it in anticipation of something bad, a proper housing like you have (I keep an area of the sub damp with them), you should have seen improvement over time, not further decline. Too much moisture and mold were the cause of the issues, I wouldn't look to increase moisture like in an ICU unless I felt i had to.

Best of luck bringing it back, hopefully you get rewarded with a beautiful female down the line.

Missing leg shouldn't be an issue unless they were caused by a traumatic event, which would then be the likely root cause for the decline, and even possibly excess mold.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Yea I think it was probably dropped as a baby. Its missing his back left leg and the right back one is all scrunched. But we shall see, its been a fighter for this long I would hate to see it go. At least it was only 3$ since the mold was evident when I was purchasing it.

cold blood

Staff member
Yea I think it was probably dropped as a baby. Its missing his back left leg and the right back one is all scrunched. But we shall see, its been a fighter for this long I would hate to see it go. At least it was only 3$ since the mold was evident when I was purchasing it.
Yeah at that size its probably a 2i, maybe 3i...good thing is that they molt frequently at that size, so it could be acting funny because of an impending molt...my Psalms act all kinds of weird and sluggish in pre-molt....I have 5 2" P. cams all in pm right now.

$3 is like free.

I had a N. chromatus that as a 1.5" sling, it's deli cup caught my shirt as I walked by and dumped him onto the floor in a not so nice manner along with 2 siblings. The other 2 were just fine and dandy, but the one was in rough shape, missing 3 legs, even had a little hemolymph leaking at the abdomen. He was already nearing molt, so I figured it wouldn't have time to repair. It looked bad and just sat there for a few weeks, but slowly it did perk up and even took a wax worm....it took an extra 3 or 4 weeks to molt, but once it did it acted normally aside from the 3 missing limbs, which came back fully in 2 molts. Its now a sexed female nearing 3" and a typical N. chromatus. There's always hope, I never thought this t had a chance...but here we are.

Last edited:

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
I hope he will be that lucky! I only have slings and havent lost one yet. Im still new into owning my own but ive delt with them for a long time. I used to help with my older brothers and i know some slings dont make it but i dont want it to
Be mime that doesnt.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
So this morning i woke up for work and decided to check on him. And he moved!! Yay. He reacted to touch and seemed a lot better. Just him moving from the paintbrush made me smile. Going to check on him in a hour or two. If he still doing better ill be moving him back to his home with a little more moisture!

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
So this morning i woke up for work and decided to check on him. And he moved!! Yay. He reacted to touch and seemed a lot better. Just him moving from the paintbrush made me smile. Going to check on him in a hour or two. If he still doing better ill be moving him back to his home with a little more moisture!
Goodluck little guy! <333

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Yeah it'll take a molt and he'll have a smaller leg than usual but by the next molt should be good as new. Leg injuries/removal is really nothing to a spider :). They have "valves" that stop hemolymph supply to the leg.

Glad you're bugger made it through okay!

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Me to! Now i just want to see it. All i can see is his butt and the awesome red color! I hope i can catch him out and about before i go to work
Yeah it'll take a molt and he'll have a smaller leg than usual but by the next molt should be good as new. Leg injuries/removal is really nothing to a spider :). They have "valves" that stop hemolymph supply to the leg.

Glad you're bugger made it through okay!