Quick...how do I catch an OBT that got loose...

Chris11

ArachnoBat
You had me going there man, i gotta be honest. But id stray from posting things like this... the mods may not see it as comical as you do!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

A little lightening of the tension from the "other" thread is good for the soul.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm very tempted to post that scene from First Blood where Rambo holds the knife to the sheriff's throat and says in a calm but stern voice "LET IT GO. LET IT GO." Sadly I can't find that clip on YouTube that just includes that bit.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
My child distracted me a couple weeks ago while I was feeding and watering and I left the lid off on my E. murinus. Didn't notice until the next morning. :( That's when I realized a dusty house is a good thing. I tracked spider tracks to the corner of the bedroom and then the dust ran out and the tracks disappeared. Two days later the T was the kitchen sink 3 rooms away when my stepdad went to wash out a coffee cup he got an angry little surprise. She's ok and back in her tank. Lesson learned.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My child distracted me a couple weeks ago while I was feeding and watering and I left the lid off on my E. murinus. Didn't notice until the next morning. :( That's when I realized a dusty house is a good thing. I tracked spider tracks to the corner of the bedroom and then the dust ran out and the tracks disappeared. Two days later the T was the kitchen sink 3 rooms away when my stepdad went to wash out a coffee cup he got an angry little surprise. She's ok and back in her tank. Lesson learned.
"Go, devoted cleric. Follow the dust track, and you will find the spider." u_u

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
I really was! Seriously, I was like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh helllllllllllllllllll" when I realized what had happened. I felt so stupid. Learned not to try and do two things at once when tending to the Ts. Luckily her jaunt into the "wild" did not cause any harm. I have a large house chicken (yes, I said chicken) and an old house cat. If he had found her she would've been a snack.

OliverWhatever

Arachnosquire
I like your sense of humour. Now it would be really unfortunate if they were to actually get out:biggrin:

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
I feel like i've been really lucky, i've been keeping 8-9 tarantula slings at any given time for about a year and a half and haven't even had one get close to leaving it's enclosure during feeding or maintenance. There was one time where one moved quickly and I reached for the catch cup to find that I didn't have one by me, that scared me enough so I learned my lesson, always have a catch cup nearby.

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
I feel like i've been really lucky, i've been keeping 8-9 tarantula slings at any given time for about a year and a half and haven't even had one get close to leaving it's enclosure during feeding or maintenance. There was one time where one moved quickly and I reached for the catch cup to find that I didn't have one by me, that scared me enough so I learned my lesson, always have a catch cup nearby.
Yea same here. All we gotta do is be careful, and use common sense.

bossie71

Arachnopeon
the first week i had my female 5in. l.c. she ran out and climbed up the wall in the bedroom. luckily she stopped and isn't a biter. i was able to coax her onto my hand and back in her enclosure! phew! she was high enough if she fell she was a goner!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh man, don't play lol. My H mac just escaped yesterday but luckily my dad managed to wrangle her up for me the same day. That would've been an unfortunate bite!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I know it's just a 'joke' thread just for talking, and i doubt (and hope) that scenario will happens to you, because IMO you proved to know your facts (you recently re-housed smoothly 'Pokies' and other T's) but an 'OBT' on the loose is bitter sausages.

Well, if happens you can put this song as theme while chasing that primitive African lovely crazy beast around the room ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcGyQVc__8

P.S

- Imagine the 'OBT' singing

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
Lol. .

I know it's just a 'joke' thread just for talking, and i doubt (and hope) that scenario will happens to you, because IMO you proved to know your facts (you recently re-housed smoothly 'Pokies' and other T's) but an 'OBT' on the loose is bitter sausages.

Well, if happens you can put this song as theme while chasing that primitive African lovely crazy beast around the room ;)

P.S

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

P.S

I am both amazed & disturbed.

Kina

Arachnopeon
Ha ha ha! That's hilarious! And here I've been feeling so awful about the dust- bunny build up in my house! Now I have a good excuse not to dust or vacuum, although I'm sure my family won't agree! Unless I ell hem your story! Hee hee!