What's the cutest thing about tarantulas?

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I feel bad for saying it, but for me, it's when they're scared and bunch their legs up around their faces. Adorable.

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I like when they get mad for no reason (even though they think its totally justifiable to kick hairs or strike at thin air) thr tantrums are what i fell i love with!

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
I love when my slings get an additude, and despite having no hairs to flick, try kicking them at me anyway

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like watching them do home renovations. They're pretty cute when they groom themselves too.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Also when my Avic sling spends hours pasted to the underside of the lid. I call that "astronaut training." I love its little horror movie mouth.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Their little booty dance when they're spinning silk around their prey

When they come up out of the hole they're digging with a mouthful of substrate and press it up against the side of the cage with their legs

And fortunately I have yet to experience this myself but when they get so mad that they tip over onto their backs from how hard they're threat posing

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Definitely a sling throwing a threat posture. Like, dude, you're the size of my pinkie nail. You're not intimidating anyone.

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Their little booty dance when they're spinning silk around their prey

When they come up out of the hole they're digging with a mouthful of substrate and press it up against the side of the cage with their legs

And fortunately I have yet to experience this myself but when they get so mad that they tip over onto their backs from how hard they're threat posing
Its an eye-opening experience that something waaay smaller than you is totally not afriad and will defend themselves at the cost of their life. Very cool!

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
I also love watching my P. metallica wash and groom herself. Not only are the little fangs moving, but the palps are wet, and
she also soaks her #1 legs too by rubbing them in her mouth and around under her fangs. So cute. My other T's use just
fangs and palps, but she is a sloppy mess

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
When a tiny pink legged Avic sling does laps in its new enclosure walking on those
oversize black booties like a cat with something stuck to its feet.

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I also forgot to mention the way thatg tiny a. versicolors walk... that "wave walk" they have makes me smile like im in love.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Funniest/cutest thing I've ever seen my B smithi do...it was hilarious. She was in pre-molt and I hadn't realized it yet. So I dropped a cricket somewhat near her in her enclosure. She obviously wasn't eating but didn't appreciate the cricket which was getting all up in her space so she threat postured to it and stamped her front legs. The cricket (obviously) got the heck out of dodge and went over into the corner. Right after the cricket ran, she ran over to the side of her enclosure right where I was and threat postured and stamped her front legs again at the glass in front of me, like she was saying "dude, seriously? I'm pre-molt you ***", and then ran into her enclosure. This all happened in the matter of about 10 seconds.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Pretty much everything they do is endearing to me. From the way my B. albo sling bulldozes everything in his enclosure and fills the water dish with sub, to when my, at the time, approx. 1/4 inch T. ockerti raised it's little strawberry bum and pointed it at me getting ready to give me a face full of hairs. I love the threat poses, especially from the little bitty slings. :)

Its an eye-opening experience that something waaay smaller than you is totally not afriad and will defend themselves at the cost of their life. Very cool!
Except that they ARE totally afraid. That's why they are posturing. They are convinced that you are going to kill them.

I love when my slings get an additude, and despite having no hairs to flick, try kicking them at me anyway
I may be mistaken, but I think even spiderlings have hairs to kick. Who told you they don't have hairs to flick?

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
That adorable stretchy, leisurely walk they do when they're strolling about their enclosures.

And also pretty much everything else they do. Once while I was observing my GBB it casually turned around and pooped in my general direction; even that made me go, "Dawwwwww! Who hates mommie's guts? You do! Oh yes you do!"