Missing A. Avic help!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I have/had a A. Avic that's enclosure was knocked over by my cat. There's no sign of the tarantula, but also no sign of her fighting. Is there anything I can do besides searching to help find her?

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
I would shift through the substrate, it may have buried the T, but take caution not to squish it. If you don't find anything, try searching the ceilings and the walls as they are arboreals and do like to climb.
Best of luck!

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Lmao...that's hilarious. Glad you found her though, you were lucky. Many a cat loves to hunt and eat bugs of every size, shape and description.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
My cat has taken some of my inverts and couple tiny verts like treefrogs, but she's a family pet so I can't do anything.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
My cat has taken some of my inverts and couple tiny verts like treefrogs, but she's a family pet so I can't do anything.
Maybe you can keep all your small pets(not that cat lol) in a large storage box? Of course it would have to be very well ventilated.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Possibly, once we finish the basement I'm getting one room as a pet room though. My mantids tend to live free-range around my room, and once I have the pet room, it'll be like stepping into a bloody rainforest!

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Oh I'd never advise someone to get rid of a pet! :) Well, except for in extreme circumstances of course. Rehoming should always be a last resort IMHO, there are plenty of better options to consider.

For example, a lot of people don't realize that cats can be trained just like dogs. You just need to be extra patient and prepared to work a little harder to find the best sources of motivation and reinforcement.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Oh I'd never advise someone to get rid of a pet! :) Well, except for in extreme circumstances of course. Rehoming should always be a last resort IMHO, there are plenty of better options to consider.

For example, a lot of people don't realize that cats can be trained just like dogs. You just need to be extra patient and prepared to work a little harder to find the best sources of motivation and reinforcement.
Oh No! I don't mean that. I meant like locking her out of my room, spraying her when she does stuff like this, can't do that.

---------- Post added 11-29-2015 at 09:44 PM ----------

That bit confused me, as well. I pictured the avic and the cat in a David/Goliath situation, tiny little sling and all.
LOL! she's actually an adult Avic, but she's a very defensive one.