P. imperator, yes?

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
I've put a hold on this lady at a local shoppe. I haven't finished paying for her completely but wanted second opinions.

Does she look like a P. imperator? She's being sold as one and just want to double check I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Very sweet big lady. She's easy to pick up and settles down very quickly, pretty content to just sit in the hand. I fell in love with her instantly. Since I don't handle my tarantulas and certainly not my S. subspinipes. [He is named murderbug for a reason] I wanted an arachnid friend who would be relatively ok with a little human interaction now and then.
The bright red you're seeing is from the lights in the window.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
She also appears to have the characteristic reddish-brown telson like that of P. imperator. I'd abduct her into the fold ASAP :)

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Thanks guys!! I'll be bringing her home tomorrow. If anyone in the Ft Collins/Loveland area has a male, I'd be happy to do a breeding and we'd split the offspring.

@8 leg wonder: I was thinking that! But the other two she came in with were also pretty chunky. I would be so excited and pleased though if she was gravid!

I named her Furiosa because I'm a funny person
A couple more photos for you!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This thread is 6 months old. Why¿
And why only a smiley face? Seriously dude.
Oh, who cares! Had he not posted on this thread, I would not have seen that gorgeous scorpion - and she brought a smile to my face! (Albeit a slightly jealous one - P. imperator are so hard to find anymore! I recently bought a scorpion that was identified (by the seller) as P. imperator, but it was just a Heterometrus. Fortunately, I figured that out before I bought it, so I didn't pay too much and wasn't disappointed.)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It is funny how the tables turn!

When I first started, all the pet shops had P.imperator, but Heterometrus was so difficult to find, and they were snapped up in no time!!

OP specimen is indeed fantastic!!

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
Oh, who cares! Had he not posted on this thread, I would not have seen that gorgeous scorpion - and she brought a smile to my face! (Albeit a slightly jealous one - P. imperator are so hard to find anymore! I recently bought a scorpion that was identified (by the seller) as P. imperator, but it was just a Heterometrus. Fortunately, I figured that out before I bought it, so I didn't pay too much and wasn't disappointed.)
I probably do, since I asked? :p

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
To think how many P. imperators were cheaply acquired and sent out to their deaths by the gazillions not that long ago for $17.99 each.
Compared to now when you might find a single sling for $100.00 or more.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, old thead haha, but that is a nice looking specimen, I like the big choppers. I remember when these scorpions were getting a bad rap from some people but I think a big reason was because they were so inexpensive. I've always liked Pandinus and Heterometrus, I mean look at that thing! I saw and bought my first one around 1979-81 when I was a teenager for around $29. It was as though I had a dream about an awesome big black scorpion, waking up and being disappointed it was only a dream, then going to a pet store and, ...there it is! Fortunately I was tipped off about the Ghana shutdown two years before so I have a bunch of them now, trying to breed more.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, old thead haha, but that is a nice looking specimen, I like the big choppers. I remember when these scorpions were getting a bad rap from some people but I think a big reason was because they were so inexpensive. I've always liked Pandinus and Heterometrus, I mean look at that thing! I saw and bought my first one around 1979-81 when I was a teenager for around $29. It was as though I had a dream about an awesome big black scorpion, waking up and being disappointed it was only a dream, then going to a pet store and, ...there it is! Fortunately I was tipped off about the Ghana shutdown two years before so I have a bunch of them now, trying to breed more.
Which you have already agreed to send them all to me! :D