Phlogius Goliath (HD) version

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Said I'd come back with better photos so just gonna chuck up another thread, enjoy.... she is so easy to photograph 2.7 years old 140MM
IMG_8046.jpg
IMG_8041.jpg
IMG_8034.jpg
IMG_8025.jpg
IMG_8033.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
At first sight this is a genus that could be viewed by many people as nothing special, especially by those under the 'blue T's' disease, but they are a great one.

And sadly, rare, as i've said prior. At least here, but not so common even in UK and Germany today from what i know.

Those are on my future list with some 0.1 Lyrognathus giannisposatoi, another great Theraphosidae.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Lyrognathus giannisposatoi are gorgeous, unfortunately I believe this genus has been plagued by low res pictures and animals straight from the wild that are obviously beaten up and in poor condition, look after this genus and they actually look quite nice, none of my spiders turn brown even though ironically Australian tarantulas are known as "brown bland spiders" I have changed a lot of peoples minds about this genus with HD photos of well looked after Aussie T's, amazing what a bit of good PR can do lol. What you see in these photos is what you get, she looks exactly like this in person.
IMG_8048.JPG
IMG_8049.JPG
IMG_8052.jpg
IMG_8054.jpg
IMG_8061.jpg

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Oh, she's beautiful, like chocolate velvet. I love the subtle shade differences between her body and legs.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Oh, she's beautiful, like chocolate velvet. I love the subtle shade differences between her body and legs.
Yeah I have heard a few people on here say the exact same thing about the velvet look, if it means anything to you she is incredibly soft lol, I should PM you a pic of her Mum.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Yeah I have heard a few people on here say the exact same thing about the velvet look, if it means anything to you she is incredibly soft lol, I should PM you a pic of her Mum.
Please do! Or post it here; I'm sure everyone else would love to see her too. There's not nearly enough attention given to Australian tarantulas.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Many people have seen the pics since it's Steve Nunns big girl but some still haven't so i guess I'll just post them publicly again, this is big mumma
steve's giant locale Goliath.jpg
Steves Goliath.jpg

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
WOW! Austalian species are perfection for my personal taste. Thank you sir for the photos, keep up with that please and I'll be watching your previous threads...

OliverWhatever

Arachnosquire
It does seem like a lot of people prefer spiders of more vibrant colors. She's absolutely gorgeous, I can feel the jealousy growing...

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
Wish lyrognathus were easier to come by too... Some amazingly underrated spiders in that genus!

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful T. I wish they were more available outside of Australia. Funny enough, I'm a fan of the Blue "holy grail" Ts, but plain and brown are just as attractive. I don't much care for anything in between.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I keep coming back to stare some more. She's like a shadow in the desert twilight, given form and a shy little face. ♥

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I keep coming back to stare some more. She's like a shadow in the desert twilight, given form and a shy little face. ♥
Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, these photos came out great so I'm happy with them, next time she molts I'll come back again with some more.