My new T's

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
hey everyone,

Long story short;

about 2 weeks ago I went to buy a T. Ockerti when I got home and saw the spider i had the feeling it wasn't a T. Ockerti. I posted some pic's here on the forum and it indeed wasn't a T. Ockerti but a B. Vagans I called the pet shop and they where sorry for the mix up and I was welcome to come by and change the B. Vagans for the T. Ockerti and as a bonus I would get a 10 euro discount on my next purchase from them.

So today I went back to the pet shop and took home the T. Ockerti and 1 other :D

the set-up; I tried to make it semi-arboreal by giving him/her the option to climb and he/she can make a hide under the piece of diagonal cork bark in the right corner
IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

The Thrixopelma Ockerti
IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

Now when I saw this little one I immediately saw the difference between this one and the B. Vagans I took home and felt kinda stupid for making that mistake but I am very happy to have this little one home now!

Last edited:

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
The other spider I took with me is a little Avicularia Avicularia, I saw it and I was in love with it and with the 10 euro discount I was gonna get I just had to take him/her with me :D
She is my first arboreal and she is my first small step (and when I say small step I mean a small step) on my way towards keeping a P. Irminia and some Poecilotheria species.

the set-up:
IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

and the little one it self:
IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

I'd like to say I haven't held any of my tarantula's before, this little one just crawled out of the container I brought it home with on to my hand.

I have to admit, it felt kinda cool though :D :D

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic's.

Thanks for looking

Andrew

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So you haven't anymore that lovely Brachypelma vagans? IMO those are the best among genus Brachypelma... they have attitude.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
no I dont have him anymore, at first I thought; what the hell I'll keep this B. Vagans. Then I got a picture of him in the sexing part and it was sexed as a male and probably a male that was gonna mature out soon and that made me decide to bring him back and take home the T. Ockerti I actually paid for.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
no I dont have him anymore, at first I thought; what the hell I'll keep this B. Vagans. Then I got a picture of him in the sexing part and it was sexed as a male and probably a male that was gonna mature out soon and that made me decide to bring him back and take home the T. Ockerti I actually paid for.
That's right. A (near to become) mature male is not worth if you aren't into breeding. They are funny T's, however. If one day you find a female specimen i suggest you one, man.