P. Irminia weird eating behaviour?

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Hey guys,
So if you read any of my previous posts, you'll know I got a new P. Irminia. The enclosure consists of a large cork bark and a water dish. The spider is 3in. Yesterday night, i left a cricket in there, when I woke up this morning, the spider had the cricket in his fangs. I thought he just caught it, so I didn't think much of it. Now, it's still not finished, now it wrapped the cricket up in webs and its attached to the cork bark.
Should I be worried?
And when do I have to remove the silk wrapped cricket.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Someone will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that totally normal spider behavior?

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
Normal to me, because a couple old mine do it. It eats a little, then webs it, puts it away and comes back to it like thanksgiving
leftovers

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I don't think that it even ate any of the cricket.
My educated guess is that it's saving it for later. It's something true spiders do routinely, so it's feasible to me that tarantulas do it as well.

cold blood

Staff member
It will likely come back to finish it....remove it when it becomes a bolus. If its still there, remove it in the am....I'd bet by now its already picked it back up.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Like for 8 hours

---------- Post added 12-01-2015 at 06:34 PM ----------

this was the first time it ate in my care.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It will likely come back to finish it....remove it when it becomes a bolus. If its still there, remove it in the am....I'd bet by now its already picked it back up.
+1

If she doesn't come back to it and the cricket starts to blacken, take it out. Wait a week and feed again. During that time though, see if you can get a look underneath her fangs. I say this because I've had Ts with nematodes hold crickets without really eating them as well. If it is nematodes, then you'll see some white "paste" around the fangs. If it looks fine then you have nothing to worry about. I highly doubt that it's nematodes though, but you can never be too careful!