question...molting inside the burrow

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
this pic was taken today at 2pm. bought this T, i think its a male at a local pet shop labeled at a "Stripe knee".which does not look like an A. seemani. anyways, as u can see, he is starting to molt but he underneath his burrow which is 4 1/2 inches deep. i'm a lilltle, kinda, sorta worried that he might be deformed if he does not stretch his legs out after the molt. i read some report about T''s being deformed once the exoskeloton hardens in an inproper way after molting. i'm also worried he may not have enough room to "undress" his old skin. (maybe me just too worried) i'm afraid to disturbed him and i hate to dig him up, he made an awesome tunneling inside his home...
so does anyone ever had problems with their T's molting inside or under their burrow??? also can anyone identify him???

thanks,
Joe :)

Penney W.

Arachnopeon
After itmolts send in another picture, someone here will be able to tell what it is, Good luck!
:) Penney

Lyle Beach

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Doesn't look like A. seemani to me either?? :?

I however would also like to know about not having enough room to stretch inside the burrow during a molt.

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry. My T's when they were moulting in burrows were always ok.
Is A seemanni?? Doesn't look like one...

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molt in burrow

My Ts do that too.....don't disturb him! It'll be fine:)

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would leave it be...if the T. chose to molt there then leave it alone...they are generally a good judge of there own bodies and they will molt where they feel safe..I am sure all will be fine..

Good luck..

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm also sure that s/he will be fine.
I bought a stripe-knee, 2yrs ago, tho mine was a little darker than yours. At that time, I had help to ID as an A. seemanni, brown phase. She just molted, recently, into a picture-perfect A. seemani.
On the other hand, you could have something completely different! {D
So please post another pic after molt?

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
update

ok, finaly molted at 5pm :)
i dunno guys, he's starting to look like a A. seemani now he is black, kinda weired from blond to black , LOL
here is the pic maybe u can tell me if this is a A. seemani, also here is the pic of the molt...can u guy sex it...i'm still guessing a male...thanks

i pretty much left this guy alone in his molting, he did fine...thanks for everyones advice.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yup looks like a seemani...can you get a good close shot of the molt...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like you got a female, but we'll need a pic of it on the surface to determine its species.

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
this pic was taken today at 2pm. bought this T, i think its a male at a local pet shop labeled at a "Stripe knee".which does not look like an A. seemani. anyways, as u can see, he is starting to molt but he underneath his burrow which is 4 1/2 inches deep. i'm a lilltle, kinda, sorta worried that he might be deformed if he does not stretch his legs out after the molt.
They can molt in very small spaces. I have a large regalis that just molted in a space thats 1 inch high and 3 inches wide, barely big enough to fit it's entire body. I don't even know how it pulled that off, I didn't notice until the molt was done.

The rule I go by when a Tarantula is molting is to leave it alone unless it is visibly having trouble getting out of it's molt. Once it's out of its molt, you definately want to leave it alone as it is very tired and fragile, its body having the hardness of jelly.

Also those pictures look just like my Seemanni, which underwent a significant color change after it's molt.