Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati first USA sac!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im proud to announce that i just produced the first sac of Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati in the USA! This is not a breeding report, and i will post a proper breeding report, in the proper section, this is simply a bragging/appreciation thread. :biggrin: Thank you all for being in this amazing hobby with me! Standby, Hati Hati #2 sac in the USA has been pulled and is in the incubator!

Female with sac 10-13-15

Sac pulling day! 10-31-15

Little guys started popping legs 11-5-15

And now their 1st instar 11-22-15

And now their darkening up

Finally 2nd instar! 12-13-15

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im proud to announce that i just produced the first sac of Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati in the USA! This is not a breeding report, and i will post a proper breeding report, in the proper section, this is simply a bragging/appreciation thread. :biggrin: Thank you all for being in this amazing hobby with me! Standby, Hati Hati #2 sac in the USA has been pulled and is in the incubator!

Female with sac 10-13-15

Sac pulling day! 10-31-15

Little guys started popping legs 11-5-15

And now their 1st instar 11-22-15

And now their darkening up

Finally 2nd instar! 12-13-15

Hey muchacho! Nicely done! A beautiful sight indeed congrats!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not exactly. I dont use that kind anymore unless there is around a thousand slings. Now i just use one deli cup with a coffee filter draped over the cup, then the lid put on to keep the filter in place like a hammock. I put water in the bottom of the cup before placing the filter in. Once the slings hit 1st instar i take the water out, place in slightly moist coco fiber, and put the slings on it. Kinda easier and quicker than the larger version.
Nice! Just wondering, did you use this incubator: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?245614-Incubator-tutorial ?

Congrats!!!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not exactly. I dont use that kind anymore unless there is around a thousand slings. Now i just use one deli cup with a coffee filter draped over the cup, then the lid put on to keep the filter in place like a hammock. I put water in the bottom of the cup before placing the filter in. Once the slings hit 1st instar i take the water out, place in slightly moist coco fiber, and put the slings on it. Kinda easier and quicker than the larger version.
Of what you did was just fine! You are indeed needed in this hobby, you helped boost the population of this species.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Thanks! Could you maybe send some pictures over? I'm pairing my two G. rosea right now and I want to be prepared. Thanks ahead of time and congrats!

awiec

Arachnoprince
I'm not sure if I'm up to owning this genus yet, the idea of a pissy spider charging out of a hole unnerves me, but those looks are really making me think twice.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Omothymus catfishii, no? Well, I guess we'll have to see about both parts of that name.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A round of congratulations is in order! John, I keep saying you're the man! Quite an accomplishment!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
LOL, I second Cyriopagopus catfishii.

(P.S: I understand your post about the new and improved incubator, just had to read it a few times to get it to click, thanks!)

Congrats again!

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
I feel like I've seen Hati slings for sale online, or at least heard people say they've bought them at shows here in the US before. Not trying to doubt you, just surprised if this is the first sac truly bred here. For instance, both New England Reptile Shop and Paul Becker have/had them for sale not too long ago. Maybe they were import sacs then I'm guessing? Congrats though man, they are beautiful! I have a C. Schioedtei sub (about 4" now), and she if anything, is more prone to hide in her burrow then charging out of her hole.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I feel like I've seen Hati slings for sale online, or at least heard people say they've bought them at shows here in the US before. Not trying to doubt you, just surprised if this is the first sac truly bred here. For instance, both New England Reptile Shop and Paul Becker have/had them for sale not too long ago. Maybe they were import sacs then I'm guessing? Congrats though man, they are beautiful! I have a C. Schioedtei sub (about 4" now), and she if anything, is more prone to hide in her burrow then charging out of her hole.
Some slings come in from Europe; they're CB, just not in the US. All Catfish is proclaiming is that this is the first successful US sac.

Also, congrats on the sac Catfish!

PS. You're going to want to relabel that schioedtei. It's Omothymus now. :giggle:http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?279412-Phormingochilus-revision-with-notes-on-Lampropelma-Haplopelma-and-Cyriopagopus&highlight=haplopelma+revision

Last edited: