Tarantulas in space?

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has anyone ever thought about what it might be like to have a T, especially an arboreal, in space? How do you think they would react to a Zero G environment?

Greensleeves

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
greensleeves said:
Has anyone ever thought about what it might be like to have a T, especially an arboreal, in space? How do you think they would react to a Zero G environment?

Greensleeves
I can only imagine what a mess a bunch of free-floating Avicularia could make of a space capsule!

Joy

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
leiurus said:
They should explose!
Dom
I don't know how they would handle the pressure as they were leaving the atmosphere, that's for sure.

Come on folks, more speculation!

We need some T loving astronauts to do a project for us! :D

Greensleeves

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They would be fine as far as physically. Spiders have already been in space, just not tarantulas yet.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
They would be fine as far as physically. Spiders have already been in space, just not tarantulas yet.
But tarantulas are so much cooler! I would like to see an Avic hopping around in zero G! {D

Greensleeves

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
hopping around or rocketing around? ;) definitely be interesting to say the least lol

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there is no pressure in space.
The tarantula would burst
Dom

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
leiurus they would be in the shuttle with the astronauts so there would be pressure. If they were in space without the shuttle ANY living thing would die. :p

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
leiurus said:
there is no pressure in space.
The tarantula would burst
Dom

yes we know space is a vaccum, i think she is talking like on the space shuttle.

Those avic's would probibally sit on the glass all day and never web, mine do that...lol

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, I was wrong. :8o
I tought you were talking the tarantulas in space (vaccum)
Dom

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Um yeah.....why would you ask such a question? what are you next going to ask what it would be like if T's could live under water? come on we need some interesting posts...not some that are out of a fairy tale book.... ;P

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LMAO what if T's could live underwater. i mean it cold open up a whole new world for suba diving..."scuba T" i cant wait to see the miniseries on the WB
LMGDASADL

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL I wonder if you can get a tarantula to breathe flouride like a mouse can.:p Then you would have Tarantulas underwater!