Brazilian Black Fasting

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a G. rosea that fasts for 6 months per year. I am used to this with her as this has gone on for 12 years.

My G. pulchra would stop eating for a few weeks and then molt since 0.5 inch sling size. This now 4+ inch Brazialian Black female has not eaten for three months, and still no molt. Any of you have this happen with G. pulchra ?

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my 3.5 inch female chaco hasnt eaten since late december and still has not molted yet...her abdomen is a nice size and she gets plenty of water...i've learned to accept it with grammostola...

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As long as your T has a decent girth about its abdomen, It should be ok. It wil eat when it's ready, fasting is not uncommon if thats the only abnormality.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Professor T said:
I have a G. rosea that fasts for 6 months per year. I am used to this with her as this has gone on for 12 years.

My G. pulchra would stop eating for a few weeks and then molt since 0.5 inch sling size. This now 4+ inch Brazialian Black female has not eaten for three months, and still no molt. Any of you have this happen with G. pulchra ?
At 4", I guess it's normal. My 3.5" had a 2-3 months fasting but finally molted.