Stripe Knee?

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just bought this 4" critter at a pet shop sold as a stripe knee for $10.Im not sure tho.It doesnt seem to have the tan underneath or tan spinnerets of an A.Seemanni.Im thinking maybe E.Campestratus.Im pretty sure it is a female tho.The flash from the camera makes the underneath seem lighter then it actually is.What do you all think?..Thanks...Rich

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it is still an A. seemani.
Does the pet store carry a lot of T's of different varieties?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not sure Rich, what store did you buy that at? A. seemanni's have the tan spinnerettes, could be PZB.

Andy

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
vulpina said:
Not sure Rich, what store did you buy that at? A. seemanni's have the tan spinnerettes, could be PZB.

Andy
Andy.I got it at Pet Supply Plus in St.C.They had other stripeknees for sale also with the definate tan underside and spinnerets.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
bluerich74 said:
I just bought this 4" critter at a pet shop sold as a stripe knee for $10.Im not sure tho.It doesnt seem to have the tan underneath or tan spinnerets of an A.Seemanni.Im thinking maybe E.Campestratus.Im pretty sure it is a female tho.The flash from the camera makes the underneath seem lighter then it actually is.What do you all think?..Thanks...Rich
Please tell me tht spider isn't on top of pine or cedar or some other type
of aromatic wood?!?! If it is, please get him off!!

You're better off with peat moss, vermiculite, that coconut substrate or
something else along those lines.

Also, he's look pretty thin. I'm thinking it's either a male or he's somewhat
dehydrated. I'd give him a pinky to see if he'd take it to help fatten him up
again. It seems the pet store didn't take very good care of him, but it's
a good-looking spider.

Wysi

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i got a "stripe knee" from the pet shop and guess what it was....
A. Semanni

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you look to the left, that is my A. Seemaani...the only problem is that he has turned gray in the last year or so...he still has the stripes, but they don't show up so well in the pic....but when i got him 4 years ago, he looked like yours....so my vote is A. seemaani...good luck!

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
By the way, that is not an aromatic wood my A. seemaani is on, it is just a reptile bedding of cork bark. He really resides on peat moss, he just shows up real well on the bark for pics, then he is placed back on his moss, so don't worry!

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
lta3398 said:
By the way, that is not an aromatic wood my A. seemaani is on, it is just a reptile bedding of cork bark. He really resides on peat moss, he just shows up real well on the bark for pics, then he is placed back on his moss, so don't worry!
I'm glad to hear it. :)

I've never seen corkbark all shredded up like that before.
Ya learn something new every day! Thanks for the reassurance.
Sounds like you got yourself a fun critter. I have both A. seemani
and E. campestratus (among others), and I like them both. My
seemani is an aggressive eater whereas my largest campestratus
is kinda shy about eating in "public" so she waits until I leave.

Wysi

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
i got a "stripe knee" from the pet shop and guess what it was....
A. Semanni
Notice the color difference on the spinnerets between your pic and mine.Thats why Im thinking maybe E.Camp.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, the pic posted by Phoenixx is A. seemanni for sure but yours Rich I'm not sure about, the spinnerettes are totally different.

Andy

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
vulpina said:
Yes, the pic posted by Phoenixx is A. seemanni for sure but yours Rich I'm not sure about, the spinnerettes are totally different.

Andy
also the underside don't look near as tan as mine. i don't think the spider that Rich has is a. seemanni.

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for WYSIWYG

LOLOL, I have an E. camp, also! it is new to the pet store, the guy has only been carrying it a month, i bought it for my baby ball python, but i took pic of "jaymi" on it cuz he shows up so good on the stuff!

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
IMHO i do not think Rich's spider is E.camp it lacks both the longer hairs that E.camp has and the incrassate tibia of leg 4 it could still be a Eupalaestrus.sp but not E.campestratus check out these pic's (look close at the back leg tibia) http://giantspiders.com/E_campestratus.html and here http://www.redwineexotics.com/E_campestratus_2_lg.jpg and at Kellys site http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Ec1f.jpg and once more http://www.tarantulas.ru/sale/eupr.jpg at the size Rich's spider is the swollen tib would be showing more i would have thought :?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Looking closer at your pic Rich the spiders leg 1 and leg 2 also seem too big in relation to leg 4 to be E.camp, also its foveal groove looks procurved whereas E.campestratus is near strait some times a little recurved see here http://chilopoda2.tripod.com/e_campestratus.jpg i could be wrong but i still dont think its E.camp :?