A. bicolor

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
okay, i know that this species has a black body with yellow feet, but i really dont see how it is a BIcolor. Often the feet are so dark that they arent even noticable. So why is it a Bicolor? In my opinion AA is more of a bicolor than AB, it has black metsomal segments, and sometimes black chela with a blonde body. There is no doubt that A. bicolor is a beautiful scorp, but i just question how appropriate the name is.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pandinus said:
this species has a black body with yellow feet
The scientific naming process is a strange and not always perfect thing, but what you pointed out was probably enough for Hemprich and Ehrenberg in 1829. By the way John, it's official, I've decided that my next species will not be C. exilicauda, I will be ordering two Androctonus bicolor within a month.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
The scientific naming process is a strange and not always perfect thing, but what you pointed out was probably enough for Hemprich and Ehrenberg in 1829. By the way John, it's official, I've decided that my next species will not be C. exilicauda, I will be ordering two Androctonus bicolor within a month.
you still want the sand?