baby alligator

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
baby alligator for 125.00 and tank with rock,light and etc for 300.00 should i buy it i want one so bad!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't know. You live in Oregon, so I doubt you can keep it outside.

So are you able to build a pond in your house?

I've always been against the idea of anyone owning Crocs of any sort. They're even worse than going out and buying a large monitor of some sort.

Granted, there are some people who are more than capable of taking care of them, and I have no problems with that. But I really, really don't think they should be so easily obtainable.

Last edited:

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bodc21 said:
baby alligator for 125.00 and tank with rock,light and etc for 300.00 should i buy it!
If you're asking opinions, then mine would be NO, don't buy it. The "baby" won't stay a baby for too long, and caring for such an animal appropriately is not everyone's cup of tea + a huge responsibilty and reliability. (Please take no offense to this, it's simply my opinion. :eek: )

---
Wendy
---

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
well i love em

knowing i could take care of them!

i prolly wont purchase one.

just a thought

i have so many pets right now its crazy,

Stardust

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I personally thinks that crocs should'nt be bought on impulse.Coz they wun stay small all the way and an escaped one could cause some major problems... {D

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I advise you to build a big fenced inn pond in your backyard. Because they grow really fast. Many say you shouldn't buy it but I think it's better someone buy it then it getting thrown away.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

If you lived in florida you would have a few hundred right in your back yard.

-V

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Vayu Son said:
If you lived in florida you would have a few hundred right in your back yard.

-V
Not really, unless I have about 10 lakes in my backyard. Alligators aren't really as common as that.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
woijchik89 said:
I advise you to build a big fenced inn pond in your backyard. Because they grow really fast. Many say you shouldn't buy it but I think it's better someone buy it then it getting thrown away.
An owner who is ill-equipped to care for it is no better than a pet store who kills it. It would better if it died in the pet store, that way they would probably avoid ordering more in the future... There are certain animals that most people just aren't capable of caring for properly.

And no, I don't think you should get the gator... you have never spent time with someone who has a full-grown specimen, you have never been instructed in their handling, restraint, and transport, and you sound like you're in "impulse buy" mode... they are not "pets", they are huge, lifetime commitments... and no, the zoo won't take it when you're tired of it.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Always thought that an aligator was too large a crocodilian for any one person to properly handle. Caiman would be more managable, and even then, it's a big problem.

Chris

Highlander

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that people should have to take some kind of course before being allowed to buy such an animal.

Jonathan/Highlander

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well this guy certainly handled his alligator...

Story

protheus said:
Always thought that an aligator was too large a crocodilian for any one person to properly handle. Caiman would be more managable, and even then, it's a big problem.

Chris

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a no brainer to me...come on people. I don't think there's any room for any sort of discussion here. :rolleyes:

Later,

Jake