Who can identify this spider??

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
undefinedim think i know what this species is but i want a few more opinions who can help me out ?? let me know what u think??thanks........johnny

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks to me lake a mature male H lividum (cobalt blue)

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no one else can help ??

no one else in here have an opinion?? on what species this is ?? anyone ????

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where did it come from? Any pics before it molted into a mature male?

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no but i have 3 others of same kind i bought them at same time almost looks the same just a bit darker ill take some tomm and see who knows what kind it is ..... :cool:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Hey johnny
If there is one thing you can do to spin our tires, it's post a 'whats this thread'.
:)
T (how was your bday?)

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

CreepyExotics said:
wow no one can tell me hu ??? damn too bad !!!
not from a photo (read this whole thread >>click here<< and you might get an idea why [if you don't have much time, this post >>click here<< is quite a good summary of the thread])

If you would live in Europe: since some years there is a very similar looking species from Ecuador bred from time to time and floating arround. But of course I don't know if it is the same as you have – can't tell from a photo. And there are some more species in the hobby, which look a bit similar.
If you would have a cast skin or a dead specimen, I could give you addresses from people (in Europe) who should be able to check if it is the same species or not.

I know, my opinion on IDs by photos is not very popular in the community of the tarantula keepers – but the ones who are working with the systematics/taxonomy of theraphosids do share it!

all the best,
Martin

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nope im pretty sure of what it is i just wanted to see what people thought to give me a general idea

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
You know what you get when you breed two general ideas?

A bunch of baby vague ideas ;)

T

Edit: I just thought that up too!

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CreepyExotics said:
nope im pretty sure of what it is i just wanted to see what people thought to give me a general idea
Well what do you think it is come on share with us.

I still say that to me it looks like a mature male Haplopelma lividum

Here is a pic form bighairyspiders.com of a mature H lividum so You can see why I think that Plus I've got one comming this week too hopefully for mateing

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Wrong too be that on quite a few points G the fact there seems too be a small hair patch on the abdomen for one plus the shape of the fovea and the carapace, the Male H.lividum also has larger chelicerae and a more noticeable clypeus (the gap between the eyes and the edge of the carapace) :(

blombo

Arachnopeon
Hi johnny,

hm i think Martin's guess will be the best so far and im also on his opinnion that this might be the species he was talking about, also known as Theraphosidae sp. ex Ecuador. Atleast, it looks very simillar. (I'm also keeping that species.) But you know about Photo-ID's ....

The best thing you can do now is getting the adresses from martin and sending an exuvia to one of these guys or girls ;) .. after that you can tell for sure!

But don't wait to long since your specimen seems to be an mature male!!

Cheers,
blombo

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well from what i was sold it as a nd the 3 others i have is metriopelma sp.. but i didnt know where or what color i know they have a orange speicies out there it that what it is ? who knows ? cause i should as hell dont ............ and he hooked out male and my others arent ready and i dont know anyone who needs him so im kinda stuck ........

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To me, by prosoma size and chelisera size, it seems to be a Haplopelma sp. Then again, I'm so new to this it's not really worth reading what I have to say about it. Good luck.

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well thanks for the help im just as lost as anyone else i just know what i was told when i bought it so who knows !!!

CreepyExotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm never heard of that one ? gotta pic ? i tried looking it up nothing could be found did u spell it right ??