q.about growth rates of t's

samhain

Arachnopeon
hey guys.i am wanting to know if anyone has experienced wierd growth rates in their t's? and if any one knows if certain factors may cause this.for example my l. parahybana s'ling i have had for about five months now has only molted twice, are supposed to be fast growers.and now i noticed that a g.pulchra s'ling i have had for a couple months,is in his second molt since i have had him.seems to be growing faster than is expected.please share any wierd growth rates. thanx

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There can be some factors that will or may effect the growth rate of spiders...some say substrate, temps , types of food,appetite of individual spider,sex of the spider...I have a parahybana and when I got it it was around half to three quarters of an inch...this was in February...it is around 4 to 4 1/2 inches at the present time...not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure it is in fact a parahybana ?? here is a pic of mine...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=28175

samhain

Arachnopeon
well i purchased it from botar as such.when i got it it was 1/4 in now several months later about 1 in.i had gotten a giant white knee around the same time and he went from around one in to now hes around four.i was sure the growth rates of these were about the same.and am suprized it hasnt gotten any bigger in six months.