mmmmm....freshly molted rosehair

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi all,

This is Maggie, one of my G. rosea's, who molted last week and I'm just now gettin' around to snapping some pics of. She's such a sexy little thing after she molts!

Hope you like!

Attachments

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a beauty!!! I hope mine molts out to look like that!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B E A U T I F U L Rose, Wayne. Of course - how else can it be - SHE is a girl, too. {D

How big is she, and how long have you had her? Gorgeous colors on her as well. :)

---
Wendy
---

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's hot! :)

What is she doing? :? It looks like she's "threat posturing" to something on the other side of her, OR she may be webbing...? Please advise... :?

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
starzzzcollide said:
She's hot! :)

What is she doing? :? It looks like she's "threat posturing" to something on the other side of her, OR she may be webbing...? Please advise... :?
Thanks! I think I know the pic you're talking about...actually, she's fixin' to climb up on the rock that you can't see, over to the left.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Socrates said:
B E A U T I F U L Rose, Wayne. Of course - how else can it be - SHE is a girl, too. {D

How big is she, and how long have you had her? Gorgeous colors on her as well. :)

---
Wendy
---
Thanks Miss Wendy! She's full grown, around 6 inches, and she was the second T I ever owned, bot her at a pet store in Colorado, she was wild-caught, and you know the story... {D ...I did'nt know she was a female until after her first molt. Got lucky on her as well!

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I did'nt know rosies could get so nice looking. :} She has a beautiful carapace. :}

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
very goodlooking rosie...
i just love mine... can't see her color on the pic that much , but she has a 'coppery'color, plus she is only 4 1/2"..i think
dianne

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sam Shirley said:
I did'nt know rosies could get so nice looking. :} She has a beautiful carapace. :}
Yeah when I first got her, the carapace was a light pinkish-brown, almost. But over the last year and a half, on successive molts, that deep rose coloring has shown up, and stayed for quite some time.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mouse said:
very goodlooking rosie...
i just love mine... can't see her color on the pic that much , but she has a 'coppery'color, plus she is only 4 1/2"..i think
dianne
Thank you, and yours is a cutie as well! Mine was about that size when I got her. Was yours a wild caught individual?

Penney W.

Arachnopeon
Aw! She's beautiful! I love rosehairs, that's why we have 13 of them. If I had my way I'ld have a 100 of them. Right Terri?? LOL! :D
Penney

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nope, i got my rosie around january from a petshop. she molted 2x since then.
dianne

klandagi

Arachnopeon
Nice pics! That's so funny though because my female rosea molted last week too! Even more strange was that my black velvet and my blondi decided to go next so I had 3 over a period of 2 days. Perhaps they're getting synchronized? ;)

~Lor

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
klandagi said:
Nice pics! That's so funny though because my female rosea molted last week too! Even more strange was that my black velvet and my blondi decided to go next so I had 3 over a period of 2 days. Perhaps they're getting synchronized? ;)

~Lor
That is wild...I had 5 T's in all molt last week, and two more are fixin' to go now. Syncronicity indeed! :cool:

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the G. roseas are so cute. :) I hope mine molts soon. I know they're supposed to be a slow grower, but I'm coming up on half a year with no molt!

Chris

rtshaw80

Arachnopeon
I've only had mine since february, not only hasn't it molted, but it hasn't eaten anything in my posesion. Ah rosies, gotta love em.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
rtshaw80 said:
I've only had mine since february, not only hasn't it molted, but it hasn't eaten anything in my posesion. Ah rosies, gotta love em.
At least mine _was_ eating until about a month ago. Since then I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm hoping it's a pre-molt thing ;)

Chris