Parabuthus transvaalicus

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm thinking that this species would be fun to keep as my next scorpions after A. bicolor. I just ordered the bicolors this morning, but I'm already thinking these should be next.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never seen venom spraying in person :( , but I'd love to get this species so I could. Your lucky you can get them in the US.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never kept them, but the metasomal segments are sculpture of the highest order. I hope that you may someday keep them as well. I guess I'll be going to shop for goggles or a full face-shield. I want large females for thier smaller, less bulbous chela.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sounds like fun, from what i heard their very fast. Can't wait to get my first buthid, but I guess I'll have to wait. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers
Peter

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I should be posting pics of the A. bicolors by wednesday if all goes as planned.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All my specimens spray a lot of venom when they are disturbed, especially just after the molt, when the temperature is high, and especially the young.
Fabulous scorpion, very easy to keep and breed (about 30 to 60 youngs, zero mortality), very strong and voracious :)
Greetings,
Eric

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Fabulous scorpion, very easy to keep and breed (about 30 to 60 youngs, zero mortality), very strong and voracious :)
Greetings,
Eric
Just how does one move venomous scorplings?

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
with very big forceps
yes, or with boxes :) Venom has a strong smell.
You can see two drops of venom on the back of this specimen. They generally spray quite far.

Greetings
Eric

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Stan, I am glad to hear that you are getting some more scorps. I am also thinking about getting A bicolor or P transvaalicus. I hope you enjoy them (without getting stung of course!) ;)

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I want a P. transvaalicus too. Now I have 5 P. imperator, 5 B. occitanus occitanus and 1 L. quinquestriatus. I can't wait to get some P. transvaalicus or some Androctonus spp. :D

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ythier said:
All my specimens spray a lot of venom when they are disturbed, especially just after the molt, when the temperature is high, and especially the young.
Greetings,
Eric
Got any for sale :eek: (looks hopeful)....

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I´ve never seen one of my specimens spray venom and I´m keeping them for quite some time now. Actually I´ve only seen it one time with a friend´s specimen. By the way, I just seperated my last P. transvaalicus brood. The amount of scorplings was 85 with one dead :).

Greetings
Alex

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
Got any for sale :eek: (looks hopeful)....
not for the moment but soon because I've a gravid female and the births period seems to be now.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nazgul said:
Hi,

I´ve never seen one of my specimens spray venom and I´m keeping them for quite some time now. Actually I´ve only seen it one time with a friend´s specimen. By the way, I just seperated my last P. transvaalicus brood. The amount of scorplings was 85 with one dead :).

Greetings
Alex
mm...ok ok, so "...about 30 to 60 85 youngs, zero one mortality" ;)

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ythier said:
not for the moment but soon because I've a gravid female and the births period seems to be now.
ooo :eek: , let me know if you do, I'd be very interested :) .

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
I've never seen venom spraying in person :( , but I'd love to get this species so I could. Your lucky you can get them in the US.
A guy i know owns one, he always has glasses and he has been sprayed on a few times. So they are capable of doing that.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,
Two pictures of this big predator ;)
Greetings,
Eric