Agressive Tarantula's

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do you think is the 3 most agressive tarantula's ? just want to know other members opinions...i think usambra orange, skeleton tarantula, and cobalt blue...thanks...

jeff

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The politically correct term is defensive any how lol in my exp

1. Citharischius crawshayi aka king baboon

2. haplopelma sp vietnam

3. Pterinochilus murinus both momasa and usambara

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wouldnt Cerotagurys or however you spell it come into this? they look like a mean species...

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol yeh Ceratogyrus sp are defensive but until you have owen these sp

2. haplopelma sp vietnam

many you havent seen a defensive tarantula lol

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
lol yeh Ceratogyrus sp are defensive but until you have owen these sp

2. haplopelma sp vietnam

many you havent seen a defensive tarantula lol
my vote exactly

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
I've never seen so much as a threat display from my P. murinus Usambara. It's not like the majority of its species, I suppose. The most defensive (and scary) one I've got is Chilobrachys sp. Asian Smoky - that one jumps at me and bites anything I use to touch a leg for herding purposes. I've got C. brachycephalus, another one I wouldn't mess with unnecessarily, but so far it hasn't made my adrenaline rise much. Same as my P. murinus, it will calmly walk into the spidey-moving-pitcher when a leg is touched.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
From my experience I would say

Usambara
Cobalt Blue
Vietnamese/ Thailand Tiger
Skeleton

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In my experience, I don't think it could really be narrowed down to 3 species.
Inevitably you will find a species with a "sweetheart" reputation that will out threaten, slap, strike, hiss etc. (or at the very least, rival them) species with the nastiest reputations. On the same coin, you may find one of the reputedly nasty species that may be calm or even docile.
In any such case, an individual hobbyist may be inclined to say "My N. monochromatus is one of my 3 nastiest species." But that sp. will probably not even be listed by it's average reputation.
Anyhow, on average you can narrow it down but just keep in mind that a species' overall reputation definitely does not apply to every single specimen in that bracket.

Take care.

Atrax

Last edited:

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GUSTO said:

Usambara
Cobalt Blue
Skeleton
this is a good selction. i have a h.lividum and i would'en touch it.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nastiest T's

Alot of T's can be nasty if they feel threatened, but in my experience I would say Usambara Baboon, H Lividum and Theraphosa apophysis.

Juraviel

Arachnopeon
First of all I say Hello to all, I;m First time here, so what about question:
*H.Lividium
*P. Murinus
*T.Blondi

Juraviel

Arachnopeon
GUSTO said:

Usambara
Cobalt Blue
Skeleton
Skeleton ? I didn't ever see this spider,maybe i know some another name of this spider,Could You tell me or show this spider?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Atrax said:
On the same coin, you may find one of the reputedly nasty species that may be calm or even docile.
Exactly! I have to have the worlds most docile E. murinus ;)

My vote goes for:
1) Stromotopelma calceatum
2) Pterinochilus murinus
3) Nhandu chromatus (this may just be mine acting this way)

-Bryan

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dunno... I think there's room on the top 3 for at least one Poecilotheria species. Hmmm... maybe even Hysterocrates gigas. This is a tough one. I definitely agree with the Pterinochilus sp., though.

Tim

Chris R

Arachnopeon
I think individual personalities enter into this somewhere.
A recently purchased B. rudloffi made a run for me when I placed her in a new abode. (It might be a male but prior life experiences lead me to believe it's a she!)
Beautiful colours and disposition to match!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
TRowe said:
I dunno... I think there's room on the top 3 for at least one Poecilotheria species. Hmmm... maybe even Hysterocrates gigas. This is a tough one. I definitely agree with the Pterinochilus sp., though.

Tim
If there were one Poecilotheria sp. (on average ;))that may be a touch bolder than the others...my vote goes for P. ornata.

Atrax

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The T that I have that I will never let out or try to tranfer. The meanest T I own is a S.calceatum. It is a mature male and he basically flies around inside its container. He leaps at the flashlight when I shine it on the glass. When I spray water thru the lid, he leaps at the soure of the spray. He literally bounces around when I accidently disturb him. He scares the hell out of me. I have OBTs, C.crawshayi, H.lividums and Hysterocates spc., but I never want another one of these!!!

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Atrax said:
If there were one Poecilotheria sp. (on average ;))that may be a touch bolder than the others...my vote goes for P. ornata.

Atrax
Hehe yes the only psyco poke i ever owned was a female P.orn i also had a friend (no longer in the hobby) who had too call on a hobbist m8 of his to help him get a ornata back in its tank ;P

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah i think a regalis should be in there but the hapophlema's from what iv seen are very defensive and the usumbaras should be there since mine is very very defensive but im not sure about some of the other species so i think it should be a top 5 not a top 3