How long before I start to freak out????

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, my G. aureostriata sling (which is only about 3/4") molted about 3 days ago and seems to be very weak after its molt...it molted roughly the same time as my B. auratum sling which seems to be doing just fine and has eaten already...now on to my worries...my G. aureostriata has not eaten and seems to be completely lethargic and weak...is this normal after some molts or should I be worried? Is there anything that I can do right now? :confused:

Thanks...

-Eric

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd wait aleast a few more days, it takes alot of energy for a T to molt and it will take it some time to recover. I usually wait 3-4 day before I attempt a feeding , if they don't take it I wait another 2-3 days before I try again

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sling shedding...

Your sling had a rough molt and is dehydrated. Make sure it has water to drink and let it rest for this week.

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greg Wolfe said:
Your sling had a rough molt and is dehydrated. Make sure it has water to drink and let it rest for this week.
How do you go about doing that? If I spray some water in the vial, it usually ends up going into the substrate...

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if it is 3/4" it is big enough for a small critter keeper, and put some water in a bottle cap i use the cap off a pepsi bottle.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The T is still small enough to drink the water from the substrate. Just mist the vial and substrate.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
another way to skin a cat

with a sling this small you can also use a very shallow cap (like from a milk jug) for water. I usually put some pebbles in it to avoid crix drowning, might be a good idea for a sling in that condition, too.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I noticed that whenever my little ones undergo a significant-growth-molt, they need more time to harden up and regain their strength. And for little Chaco's, well, mine usually won't eat until at least 5 days later.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watering slings...

I have had success in offering a tiny water dish or spraying the sides of container with water for your sling to drink from.