Old Timer
Enjoy the pics, comments not needed :)
Do I need to put names on em? ;)
T

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Names

I like it when the pics come with names. Makes it easier on those of us semi new to the hobby. But no worries great pics all the same

Later

Hairy

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tony thanks for shipping those to me I know you will miss them

Sincerely,

Brandon

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kinda cam do u have and did u use natural sunlight as lighting?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Tony,
How's things?? Beautiful, I think M.mesomelas is one of the most stunning tarantulas I've ever seen. Have you had any problems keeping them?
Is the P.ultramarinus gravid (for want of a better word)?

Steve

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Ya know Steve, your good. The ultramurinus was inded with a male for a time before I found him dead. No obvious puncture wounds though...And the meso's havent been very hard for me, despite the high rate of attrition I have heard. I lost 2 small ones and one of those molted while being driven around so I write that off to trauma. So far so good.
I shot pics outside last weekend to the poster contest. I did a few shots in direct sun, too bright. So I set up a plastic board with dirt and another vertically to diffuse the light. I also shot next to the house, which is white.

Sorry Hairy, I wasnt thinking. P ultramurinus ("gravid"), A versi, M mesomelas and B ruhanui.

Brandon, let me know when they get there ;)
And Leanne I worry more about the boy ;) <crawls now>
T
EDIT: oh yea , to rub it in a bit more, all adult female except meso, 3.5" Female ;P

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
M.mesomelas ah i can remember them for £15 W/C il bet there close too that a sling now even over here :( 9 times out of 10 ppl cooked them with temps of 80f or more and killed them but C/B may be tuffer to higher temps :?

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
$25 US for a sling? I'd buy 20..WHen I got these they were retailing around 100US...I think.
T

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
damn you! Your ruhnaui is bigger than mine ;)
and I really really wish my M mesomelas hadn't kicked the bucket....

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow

Tony,
Even though you had said that no comments were needed, I still want to say: WOW! GORGEOUS tarantulas - each and every one of them, and STUNNING pictures.
I hope you win!!!

---
Wendy
---

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
monantony said:
The ultramurinus was inded with a male for a time before I found him dead. No obvious puncture wounds though...And the meso's havent been very hard for me, despite the high rate of attrition I have heard.
Hi Tony,
Good luck with the P.ultramarinus! I think troll said the same about mesomelas, I wonder why some people have problems with them.

So, the little one is crawling now, just wait till he starts walking :eek:

LOL,
Steve

Andreas

Arachnopeon
Hello !

In the beginning, the most people keep it wrong ( to warm, no temperature differences between Day and Night, etc.), so the mortality was very high... Breeding also failed, because of the same problems !
Then, someone made a journey to the Habitats of the Megaphobema mesomelas, and found out, that this is an Spider of mountain habitats, that it needs lower Temperatures and stranger Temperature differences, and as this was known here in Europe, more and more Spiders survives, an the Breeding became more successfull !

Greets, Andreas