Avic. feeding irony

HaloLight

Arachnopeon
as everyone knows i have had a bunch of posts regarding my new Avic.. i got it a month ago, and it had not eaten a single thing. i put a small cricket in there a week ago, and it dissapeared. i guessed it got eaten. wednesday it shed so i figured ill try feeding in a week. today i go to clean out its water dish, and underneath it there was the cricket :eek:. i was afraid its body hadnt hardend yet so i reach in to grab it, and it jumps into the web and smack. the pink toe eats it. so here is the irony. i try to feed it and it doesnt eat. i try to remove the food, because i dont want it to get hurt and it eats it. why cant it be more predictable in behavoir, and eating patterns, like the stripe leg.

Anyway ill get pics soon of my fresh new pinktoe. its now about 3.5" its abdomen is small, but thats probably due to not eating for a month or two. its body is a bright blue green very fuzzy, with a cool red orange tiger patter on the abdomin.
but what really excites me is its size. im guessing the next moult will be the mature moult so ill know if i have male or female, and ready to make babies.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
glad to hear that your spider had a meal. funny how it did it

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Might not have known the crix was in there if it hid under the water dish.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Garrick, try tossing the next cricket directly into her web and see what happens. :eek:

---
Wendy
---

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate crickets, bastards are always trying to survive!